Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2006, 10:42 AM

Help! We are going on the Grand Medit. cruise on the Emerald June 10, 2007. The only problem is that we have one day pre in Venice and one day post in Barcelona. We need a hotel to stay in and have no idea which one to pick. We do not want to pay $700 per night either! We are also interested in any input on what to see/do/avoid while visiting these ports: Venice, Piraeus, Kusadasi, Istanbul, Mykonos, Naples,, Civitavecchia, Livorno/Pisa, Marseille, and Barcelona. (ages 26/27 to 55/60 in our group) Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-26-2006, 01:15 PM

Hello,

check at HRS for European hotels.

Regards
HeinBloed
Old 10-26-2006, 07:29 PM

Quote:
We are also interested in any input on what to see/do/avoid while visiting these ports: Venice, Piraeus, Kusadasi, Istanbul, Mykonos, Naples,, Civitavecchia, Livorno/Pisa, Marseille, and Barcelona.
Oh man. What a great itinerary! Check out the information and reviews of each of these ports at www.EuropePortReviews.com and let us know if you have any specific questions.

Tom
Old 10-27-2006, 08:17 AM

Thanks! That is a very informative site. I will look up the hotel in Barcleona, as suggested. However, it did not suggest a hotel in Venice. I just do not want to end up in a bad place. This is my first trip over to another country and I am a little worried about making the wrong decision. I really appreciate any help and suggestions.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:38 PM

Hi, krisbrandy,
for a hotel in Venice / Venezia click here. There I wrote some suggestions. If you will find no adequate hotel, please ask. What do you know about Venice? What kind of hotel do you prefer?
For a first information, click here for a map of Venice / Venezia. On the left hand side you will find the Stazione Marittima (cruise terminal).
An here is a map opf the Cruise Terminal itself. You arrive per flight? Take the bus for Venice Piazzale Roma. This place is marked in the map. The only place in Venice you can arrive per bus / taxi / car.
Regards
Uwe
Old 11-10-2006, 12:53 PM

You might want to check out the Hotel Colon in Barcelona. This is a European style hotel (old, but clean and friendly) that is perfectly located inside the Gothic Quarter only a few blocks from the heart of the Ramblas. Some of the rooms look out on a view of the old Cathedral and this hotel has long been a favorite of many Americans.

Hank

Closed Thread

Tags
barcelona, cruise, forum, good, hotel, hotels, location, post, posting, pre, precruise, reasonable, reviews, stay, venicereasonable