Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 09:32 AM

We are looking at a cruise for Jan or Feb 2010. Our son will be 22/23 months at the time. Looking for any advice. Should we wait till he is older? Will we still enjoy (we have been on 3 cruises before having kids). Can he take part in any of the kids programs at that age? Are there cribs on the ships and are they ok to use?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Generally, 3 years old is the cut-off for kids programs. RCI does have the Royal Tots program for kids 6-36 months, but a parent has to stay with their child.

Cruise lines will provide small cribs which comply with current safety codes. These should be requested at the time of booking.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:15 AM

Hi Drew's Mom, welcome to Cruise-Chat. It's hard to answer because you are the only one who knows how your son travels. If he is a good traveler, it would be fun. They will not allow him in the children's pool unless he is fully potty trained. Most of the lines offer babysitting service (for a fee), but normally the children's programs are for children a little older. Many people have taken children his age. Personally, I'd wait for a little while, but that's just me. I'd want my child to be able to enjoy the experiences of travel and remember them. However, travel is one of the best teachers there is. Best wishes!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Administrator

We took our son on his first cruise at 20 months. In retrospect it was not a good idea. We were worn out by the end of the cruise (and yes, my wife bore the brunt of it). But as Penny said, it depends on the kid.

I forgot to mention that when Royal Caribbean rolled out the Royal Tots program they also added an option for you to pre-order diapers, wipes, etc., from the line. These will be waiting in your cabin. That is something well worth the price since it means less luggage.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruising, kids