Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 09:18 AM

Question Cruising with 6 Teens - Help
My daughter, her fiancee and their 6 teens will be cruising on Freedom in March with stops at Labadee, Grand Caymen, Jamaica, and Cozumel. Parents have cruised once with us on Princess and they did Sting Ray City and Mr Sanchos but have not been to Jamaica. They were considering Dunns River Falls and the sled ride package with RCI until they did the math !
They will be repeating Sting Ray City and Mr Sanchos for the entire group but now wonder what they might do in Jamaica that is less of a $ drain and still be memorable for the family. Thanks for any input in advance.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Administrator

They are proud of the tours at Falmouth. That is southerner for 'sure are expensive'.

How about just doing Dunn's River Falls? It is a challenge and that is before you have to exit through the marketplace at the top of the falls.

The Chukka tours are popular. Obviously you want to avoid the 'highlight' tours.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM

Thanks Dave for a quick response. We have never done any tours on our own in Jamaica; is it possible to get a van/bus for 8-10 just to do the falls and pay as you go? I know many have said not to do anything on your own but just wondering if that is a possible solution for them?

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Sure, you can find private operators who will go there. Those allowed inside the compound at the pier are supposedly 'approved', as opposed to those outside the gate.

I have to admit that I am not a fan of Jamaica although I know people who live there, both in Ocho Rios and Falmouth. I became friends with a bartender on the Liberty Of The Seas recently and he lives in Falmouth. A long-time acquaintance owns condos in Ocho.

Tags
cruise, cruises, cruising, family, jamaica, powered, teens, vbulletin