Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2015, 01:16 AM

Default Crown Princess for young adults
My best friend, her family, and I are going on the mexican riviera cruise with the crown princess. We will be leaving during presidents week so february 14 we will leave. I just wanted to know if there will be a younger crowd on the ship or an older crowd due to it being princess? Thanks!
Old 02-07-2015, 10:03 AM
Administrator

It's not so much that it's Princess as it is the time of year which dictates passenger demographics. 7-night or longer cruises in February typically have fewer younger people aboard because they can't get away from work or school for a cruise.

There still should be a some younger people, just not as many as you'd see on a cruise in June or July.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:26 PM

Well the week that were going is presidents week so all schools have off that week. You think we'll have a better chance of more young adults
Old 02-08-2015, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Hi kate10 and welcome to the cruisereviews forums!

We went on the same itinerary on Princess during Presidents Week some years ago and there lots of families onboard. There were also many teachers aboard, of all ages.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Kate,

Schools in your area get a whole week off in conjunction with President's Day? That's unusual to me since it's more common to have just that day off.

Crown Princess is a fairly new ship and was refurbished in the fall of 2011. There are lots of things to do aboard, and I personally think Princess has the best Italian food of any mainstream cruise line sailing from U.S. ports. Their pizza is excellent. The dates back to the company acquiring the old Sitmar line which was known for it's excellent cuisine and gracious Italian staff. Thus, you will likely still see many Italian crew working the restaurants. I also like that the ship has an aft pool and movies under the stars by the main pool.

I am cruising the same itinerary this coming fall aboard Ruby Princess. It's the classic "love boat" run during Princess Cruises 50th anniversary celebration this year. Keep that in mind because the line is doing special anniversary things on all cruises this year. Look for classic dishes being served in the main dining room as special menu items
Old 02-08-2015, 10:18 PM

Thanks LisaP! I'm really excited to go with my best friend and we just wanted to be able to meet more teens our age. You know 18 and ready to dance haha. Thank again