Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 08:34 AM

Our son will be 22/23 months when we are looking to go on a cruise and will not be potty trained. I have read that kids are not allowed in the pools with swim diapers (they have to be potty trained) but we know someone who took their 3 year old in the pool with a swim diaper with no problems. I'm just wondering if no one questioned them because the child looked old enough to be potty trained. Are they not that strict about children in the pools? Our son LOVES the water.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

The people you mention managed to sneak by without getting caught. Security and pool deck attendants do monitor it. These are not cruise line rules. The prohibition on non-potty trained children comes from the Center for Disease Control's (CDC) Vessel Sanitation Program (VSP), which all the cruise lines have to comply with. Swim diapers are not leak proof. I've been on cruises where pools have had to be drained because of violations, and the crew spent many hours manually scrubbing the walls. Not fun for them or the passengers.

On the Freedom and Libery Of The Seas they have a baby splash zone which does allow non-potty trained kids but that is it.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:03 AM

thanks dave, i kinda figured they "snuck by" since the child is old enough to look like he would be potty trained and i know from personal experience that sometimes it can be hard to tell they are wearing a swim diaper. I will check out FOS
Old 09-23-2009, 09:20 AM

Sorry, Drew's Mom, I answered that in your other post. Dave covered it much better than I did, though

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, baby, carnival, children, cruise, cruises, cruising, norwegian, pool, pools, potty, reviews, ship, small, sneak, year, young