Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Questions and Answers > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 05:10 AM

Default Eastern med cruise - help!
Hi - my partner and I have booked our first cruise with Royal Caribbean voyager of the seas for our honeymoon in September. We are both in our mid twenties. We're off on the eastern med cruise visiting Sicily, kussidasi, Athens, Crete. Only thing - we have no idea what to expect, pack or do when we get there! If anyone has been on this cruise I would be very grateful for any tips regarding drinks packages and excursions - is it cheaper to do our own thing? Are there any beaches we can visit or is it pretty much sightseeing? What is the night time entertainment like? How do we tip the waiters etc?? What type of clothing do we need for day and night??

Any guidance will be a great help!!
Thanks!!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Well I have a couple of thoughts for you. Being your first cruise I would ask your Travel Agent for the brochure from RCCL Europe and read all the information in the back of the book it does address tipping, dress etc. Loads of great information. Look at the excursion on line in RCCL's web site. The excursions will say if an option is the beach. This is just my opinion but I would stick to booking with the Cruise and you won't have to worry about anything except having fun if this is your first cruise ! A very nice one too I might add ! :OD

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Last edited by janfred; 05-29-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:57 PM

Smile Kusadasi & Athens
Quote:
Originally Posted by First time cruisers View Post
Hi - my partner and I have booked our first cruise with Royal Caribbean voyager of the seas for our honeymoon in September. We are both in our mid twenties. We're off on the eastern med cruise visiting Sicily, kussidasi, Athens, Crete. Only thing - we have no idea what to expect, pack or do when we get there! If anyone has been on this cruise I would be very grateful for any tips regarding drinks packages and excursions - is it cheaper to do our own thing? Are there any beaches we can visit or is it pretty much sightseeing? What is the night time entertainment like? How do we tip the waiters etc?? What type of clothing do we need for day and night??

Thanks!!
Hi - i hope this reply isn't too late for you to see it.

At Kusadasi - the MUST SEE is the Ephesus area with the ancient city. It mightn't sound much but I thought it was tremendous.

Athens - my advice is take an umbrella. Maybe you'll be luckier!
Of course you have to see the Parthenon area - you can't say you've been there if you don't.

Whatever you do - enjoy it all!
Old 06-22-2012, 10:19 PM

Default Drink package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by First time cruisers View Post

Thanks!!
My first med cruise coming up in July on celebrity solstice and it taken me months to decide on the right drink package for me and my wife. I ended up getting a premium alcoholic pkg for me and premium non alcohol pgk for her. She doesnt drink much and I know sharing isn't allow but I'm sure she can try one or two drinks without problems.

A few coffee in the morning, water for the tours, a few drink before during and after dinner Should more than cover the pkg price for me, everything else is bonus, ESP the bill at the end.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:45 AM

Thumbs up Also,,,agree with above..but do check the tourism
sites for each port by googling it..will give tons of info...then can decide what to see and how to do it that fits your ideas,,not just follow the cruise crowds.Remember,if you go on own,,you MUST be back or ship WILL SAIL with out you.

Also,,do a lot of research on cruise website,,and brochure...for the MANY details about your ship,cabin,cruise,excursions.

I also check the many travel websites,,like Fodors,Travelocity,Frommers,,and get a Rick Steves guidebook(from library)???...perhaps...

After all this,,,have a great honeymoon and just enjoy the cruise...Congrats..

PS,,,remember ,,this is just your FIRST(I hope) of many cruises,,,if you miss something or not fully happy with above,,,can just GO AGAIN...hahaha

Tags
brochure, celebrity, cruise, cruises, cruising, eastern, excursion, excursions, excursionscom, honeymoon, med, mediterranean, review, reviews, sicily, solstice