Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Questions and Answers > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 07:48 PM

Default Room amenities
Do the deck 11 panaorama rooms on Carnival ships have fridges?
Old 07-18-2012, 08:52 PM

Which Ship?
Old 07-19-2012, 03:01 PM

Carnival Dream
Old 07-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Administrator

All of the Dream-class ship cabins have refrigerators, although like most cruise ships they are pretty marginal as far as cooling.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:44 PM

You have been a great help. Is the soda card worth it? Should we bring a lot of bottled water? Have you been on any of the Mayan tours? What type of footwear do you recommend?
Old 07-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Soda cards are subjective. If you routinely drink more than 4 cans of soda a day perhaps they are worth it. I personally do not endorse them except for kids since it facilitates their getting something to drink without an adult. You can bring a reasonable amount of bottled water aboard on embarkation day. I define reasonable as a twelve pack per person.

Doing any of the Mayan tours means you need to have comfortable walking shoes. I mean running shoes, or something like that. Too many people show up with flip-flops and other flimsy sandals or shoes and they regret it. I don't understand why some people wear inappropriate footwear to places that clearly call for more substantial shoes. I guess they don't have what we in the south call 'walking around sense'.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:13 PM

Can we only bring 12 bottles each total or 12 water & more of something else?
Old 07-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Carnival is more liberal than other cruise lines. If you show up at the pier with 'reasonable' amounts of water or soda it will be fine. Alcohol is another matter. They allow you to bring a bottle of wine for each adult on your booking but nothing else. In other words, no beer or liquor. Strictly speaking they also define the wine bottle as being 750ml in size but I've never seen them enforce it to that level.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:53 AM

I have a few more ?'s. My wife & I take vitamin supplements that are prepackaged, do u think they will cause a security concern? Should I bring them on my carry on to avoid a possible luggage search? Should we get there as soon as boarding starts or wait a while?
Old 07-20-2012, 06:15 AM

It is also recommended you carry any medications in your carry on. You shouldn't have any problems if they are in their original packaging.

Personally, I like to get to the pier around 11:00-12:00pm. Occasionally there may be a wait, but most of the time I'm checked in and on the ship by noon. You can go up and eat lunch at the buffet on Lido deck and then start exploring the ship so you find where everything is located. It's amazing how many people don't give themselves a tour of the ship and don't realize what all is available to them. You will be handed a deck plan of the ship when you check-in or by the greeters when you board. If not, then you can pick up a deck map at the Guest Relations desk. Cabins won't be ready until around 1:00PM. Check your larger luggage with the porters on the pier and just take your smaller carry-on with you.

Tags
amenities, ammenities, carnival, cruise, definition, room, sense, stateroom, walking