Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Questions and Answers > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 03:55 PM

Default graduation gift
my daughter graduates in june and we would like to take her and a friend on a cruise. We live in the northeast, ( south of boston ). Looking for recommendations on cruise lines: and if bahamas or caribbean cruise is better. also, we don't want to break the bank! thank you.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Administrator

It really depends on the length of the cruise you want to take. If you want a 3 or 4 night cruise then your options are limited to The Bahamas and a couple of Caribbean options. Longer cruises will mean more of the Caribbean will be available.

June is when prices start to rise because it is the summer and that is family cruise season. You will need to consider Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian Cruise Line, and that is pretty much it. Bear in mind that Norwegian does allow 18 year olds to drink when in international waters (I think beer and wine only) and it may also require a signed waiver , but Carnival and Royal maintain a 21 year old age requirement on all cruises from U.S. ports with no waivers allowed.

If you are taking a friend of your daughter along I strongly urge you to use a travel agent who specializes in cruises. There may be some guardian issues involved and you don't want to mess that up, which is easy to do if you try to book it on your own.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Devy......Both Carnival and NCL sail out from Boston during the Summer with Carnival sailing to Canada on short and longer cruises and NCL going to Bermuda. Carnival tends to be more cost effective in several cabin categories, Bermuda Cruises are somewhat more costly regardless of cruise line. Additionally there is cruising from NYC and Newark/Port Liberty. Options here have more extensive cruiseline offerings and a wider choice of destinations. Consulting with a Travel Agent (TA) would be a good idea...talk to friends whom have cruised before. Bear in mind that cruiselines will require an adult in the cabin !

Welcome to Cruise-Chat.....come and visit Us often and feel free to post Your questions to us as they may arise!!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 10-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Hi Devy
I live on Cape Cod. I've cruised from boston and port Liberty. Both are pretty convenient. NJ is about a 5 hour drive, you'll save a bundle in airfare, but the parking i 19 bucks a day. RCL does a 5 day Bermuda, alternating with a 9 day Bermuda/Bahamas. It can get a little rough and in Early June, can still be a little cool, but it's a beautiful island.
Holland America also does some Canadian cruises in the summer.
Let us know what you decide, and come back and explore the site looking for shore excursions and other port recommendations. They will make your cruise complete.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers

Tags
agent, cards, caribbean, christmas, cruise, family, free, gift, graduation, international, powered, present, royal, travel, vbulletin