Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Questions and Answers > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaP View Post
-- be assured that your cabin won't be below the waterline.
Thank you. I had a hard time putting "Fun+sleeping underwater" peacefully together.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:21 AM

Default 220v would be a problem
Thank you guys so much. I have never been a fan of cruise. And so far, there is nothing telling me otherwise. I guess, I will take 3 carry-ons. AC converter, ouch.
Thanks
Old 11-21-2012, 11:55 AM

Queen,
I would not judge all cruising by this ship. I am curious why you choose this cruise for your first cruise. Was it an offer you received in the mail? Many people receive that offer tied with a time share pitch. I wish you had used a travel agent who could have explained what this ship and cruise experience is like compared to the mega ships. Again, I'm not trying to sound negative. This ship might be ok for an experienced cruiser just to have a 2-day getaway. However; in my opinion, a 2-night cruise on this ship is not a good judge for a first time cruiser. There are ships sailing the sea that are 4x the size of this one. You wouldn't even know you were on a ship. You would think you were staying at a land resort they are so huge and have so much to offer in dining, shopping, bars/lounges, and entertainment. Two ships are so large they even have ziplining and merry-go-rounds on them. I would hate to see you be negative against ever cruising again if you don't enjoy this ship. The thing to do is talk with a travel agent and book another longer cruise on a major cruise line so you can really compare.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Converters aren't that expensive. Besides, you might already have one from your previous travels. Most cabins have only one outlet, anyway.

How many nights will you be traveling? Are you planning an overnight (or two) in a hotel in the Bahamas?
Old 01-16-2013, 01:25 PM

Default Help!!!
OK, I will be leaving for a cruise in a few days and I have no idea what I am doing! Lol
I am traveling with Carnival, on a 5 night cruise, and I am reall confused about the 15% gratuity issue along with tipping. How do you usually handle this? Along with, is it necessary to dress up every night for dinner? Motion Sickness issues, are they bad?

Please help.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Carnival tipping is handled as follows: all bar sales automatically have 15% added to the drink price. So when you order a beer for example, the price on the menu may say $5.25 but when you get the receipt it will say $6.04. Those tips are for the bar staff. Tips for other staff (dining, cabin, buffet, others) are automatically added to your onboard account at the rate of $11.50 per person/per day. So, if there are two of you going your onboard account will show $115 for gratuities. You can always tip extra if you wish, but otherwise all tips are handled automatically.

Carnival classifies there dress codes as 'cruise casual' and 'cruise elegant'. On a 5-night cruise you will have one 'cruise elegant' night and the others will be 'cruise casual'. They are fairly relaxed about it. You can even wear shorts (not too short though) on the casual nights in the dining room. If you look here you will find the dress suggestions.

Motion sickness is subjective. If you are prone to it you likely already know it (car sickness for example). Otherwise, motion on a ship is usually not a problem.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:25 PM

Default THANk YOU DAVE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Carnival tipping is handled as follows: all bar sales automatically have 15% added to the drink price. So when you order a beer for example, the price on the menu may say $5.25 but when you get the receipt it will say $6.04. Those tips are for the bar staff. Tips for other staff (dining, cabin, buffet, others) are automatically added to your onboard account at the rate of $11.50 per person/per day. So, if there are two of you going your onboard account will show $115 for gratuities. You can always tip extra if you wish, but otherwise all tips are handled automatically.

Carnival classifies there dress codes as 'cruise casual' and 'cruise elegant'. On a 5-night cruise you will have one 'cruise elegant' night and the others will be 'cruise casual'. They are fairly relaxed about it. You can even wear shorts (not too short though) on the casual nights in the dining room. If you look here you will find the dress suggestions.

Motion sickness is subjective. If you are prone to it you likely already know it (car sickness for example). Otherwise, motion on a ship is usually not a problem.
Thank you so much!!! Now I can relax and have a good time.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:02 PM

QueenMe, this will be my third cruise in March 2014 and I'm still asking questions, so no worries. One tip I learned from reading all the posts is to take a surge protector (electric extension cord). There are only abotu 2 outlets in the whole cabin and now days everything we have as to be charged (i.e., cell phones, Ipads, cameras, video cameras). Hubby and I are bringing one each so that should be enough outlets for us and our electrical stuff. One more tip regarding your luggage, someone mentioned that you can store your luggage under your beds, but also try and store luggage inside each other to maximize storage. Good luck and enjoy your cruise, no worries.

Need some cruise help?
------------------------------
Royal Caribbean - April 2006
Carnival Pride - May - 2008
Upcoming Cruise: Carnival Sunshine - March 2014

Tags
baggage, bahama, biggest, bottles, cabin, carnival, celebration, cruise, cruisers, full, lines, mistaked, packing, shampoo, size, sunshine, time