Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Questions and Answers > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Talking Cruise Length
StefanBe01; I agree that to cruise as long as Alexandra said above would be expensive. I know of a ship called "The World" upon which people live and cruise all over the world. Nice, but WAY out of my price range, as is the ability to pay for a flight to Europe AND pay for a cruise for two weeks. For ME, the cruise IS the ship, so the longer it floats in the Ocean the better. I'm going on a repositioning cruise next year for 13 days. If I had MY way, it would be twice that long. I agree with you in that a 7 day cruise for the FIRST timer would be a good test to see if you really liked the vacation. Whichever you choose, I know you'll become hooked! Good Luck!!

Need some cruise help?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1012 View Post
Alexandra; do you know of any cruises that are three weeks? That would by MY idea of heaven on earth!! Seriously, are there any like that?
Hi,

as I told... I just want to show you that itīs possible to book cruises that are three weeks...

http://1000Kreuzfahrten.de/

Itīs a german site but iīve got the hope you can read it.

I think weīll have decided for a cruise...itīs a 12 Day turn with Royal Caribbean... and I hope... we will enjoy...

The Cruise will be in Febī2013... and I will give you a report as soon as possible.

I think Iīll have a lot of questions before the Cruise...
Old 12-28-2012, 07:21 PM

Princess had a round the world cruise on sale for 2013 for inside cabin marked down to $14,000 per person from $20,000.00. that was for 107 days. I just retired (yeah, early at 50 but my husband still has three years to go), we would have done it had he been retired as well but he wants to work until he is 55. There are lots of crossings that are 15 to 17 days long. Problem there is if you are not seaworthy (easily ill) you will not have a great time as there are so many sea days. Eastern Med or Western Med - or even Baltic - or Holy land are all 11 to 12 days long and are great for a starter - much better than 7 days in Europe. The European cruises can be exhausting with so many excursions and the long days to site see in these absolutely fabulous cities. I have yet to visit a European cruise port I have not loved - what an absolute pleasure compared to the Caribbean (which tends to be same old, same old, but for a weary cold Canadian like myself, I will still take the same old same old over the cold snowy weather (oops don't tell the rest of my brood, as they love to vacation in the mountains and ski)

Tags
cheap, cruise, europe, powered, travel, vbulletin