Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Questions and Answers > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 AM

Default Recomendations to rent a scooter in Nassau
My cruise anchored for a day in Nassau. I was wondering if it's worth to rent a scooter to tour around the island, and also for those who have had the experience, any recommendation? How much does it cost?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 AM

I've rented on in Nassau many, many years ago and I can't remember what I paid but in general the condition of most scooters on the Caribbean islands aren't the best. Usually the tires are getting bald, the brakes pull unevenly & the steering is racked from numerous crashes. So check over the bike very carefully before leaving the shop/stand and make note of any existing damage.
I always take many photo's of ALL damage so they can't claim that you've did it when returning. Sometimes I'll take 20 or 30 photo's - close up's & all angles.
All that being said, there are more scenic islands besides Nassau to rent a bike as there isn't much to see on that island anyway but it is a fun way to tour if only to go to some of the beaches.

Tags
2013, carnival, cruise, fantisy, island, key, moped, nassau, port, rental, rentals, reviews, scooter, ship, west