Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Questions and Answers > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM

Default Friend's First Cruise, Etc.
Hi everyone.

Well, I think the Alaska cruise is going to fall through if my friend is able to join me. However, he (my friend) is interested in doing a shorter Bahamas / Caribbean cruise. However, here's the thing, although I think I know the answer to this. He does not have a valid passport, but does have a driver's license and certified copy of a birth certificate. Regardless of what we do, we would start and end from the same US port, so I'm hoping those ID's are okay for travel to the Bahamas or the Caribbean. I did check the FAQ section as well, which is how I'm ending up at this assumption. Can I assume this is correct, or does he need a passport? I'm trying to convince him to get a passport, and it's worth the money, and far less of a hassle.

If we decide on anything, I'll post in the appropriate thread, regarding questions on excursions, etc.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 02-21-2013, 05:02 AM
I did just speak with RCCL on this same subject for my friend going to the Caribbean. They can you a valid Gov issued ID and a cert birth cert issued by the Gov not the Hospital. However be aware if an emergency happens and he need to flly home I am told he will not be able to. Other than that RCCL tells me it is fine for a closed loop cruise. Me, I wouldn't go without a Passport, worth every dime and good for 10 years. Make sure all documents do match, that is important.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 02-28-2013, 04:55 AM

I often wondered what would happen if someone had to get back to the US without a passport. I'm sure eventually they would be allowed back in but what would happen in the mean time until they could verify your citizenship?