Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Questions and Answers > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2015, 03:55 PM

Default lets sail!!!
Ok, the wife and i are both taking our first cruise in november for our honeymoon. we are flying to PR then taking a 10 day cruise back to texas on Carnival Triumph.

here's where i can use some help...

Is it worth paying for the Faster to the fun (FTTF) pass? This allows us to check in earlier and things of the sort. Is anyone familiar with this? Is $60 for the 2 of us combined.

I initially booked us a bunch of shore excursions before doing some reading. Now, I am going to cancel those as I see I can just pay the company directly and save some $. But can I be sure to get these things? Mainly we were doing tours and I know that will be easy, but I really had my heart set on doing the power snorkel and will that be something I can do without booking through Carnival?

And is the Bottomless Bubbles unlimited drinks worth it? I do not drink soda, but the bottomless juice is catching my eye.

Our trip:

San Juan, Puerto Rico
St. Thomas, USVI
St Kitts, WI S
t. Maarten, NA
Antigua
Fun Day At Sea ---- ----
Grand Turk
Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas
Then a couple days back at sea before arriving in Galveston, TX.

Any advise would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Thanks
Old 09-05-2015, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Welcome aboard!

Whenever there's a tour I very much want to do, I book it through the cruise line. You never know if there will be space when you get there. I actually did this recently in Bermuda. Our ship-booked tour got right in while friends who did not book through the cruise line had to wait a couple of hours until an opening was available.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:26 PM

I agree with Lisa. If you really want to do the excursion, book through the cruise line, even though it's more money. Otherwise, you run the risk of the excursion being sold out, especially if there's more than one ship in port, and it's a popular excursion.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)