Cruise lines have been modifying their policies with regard to smoking on board. Below are links to the policies of most of the mainstream and luxury lines as they currently stand.
- allowed in designated smoking areas, located on the starboard forward section of the pool deck. All other areas of the ships are nonsmoking, including public rooms, restaurants, pool decks, staterooms and suites, verandas and halls. A non-smoking policy also applies to all components of the land portions of Cruisetours, unless specifically stated otherwise by the tour operator. Please note that this policy includes products such as electronic cigarettes.
- Cigarette smoking in public areas only be permitted in designated clubs and areas within the casino.
Smoking (including cigars) will be permitted in designated exterior open deck areas.
All Spa Suites and Staterooms, inclusive of the balconies, are smoke-free.
Smoking is prohibited in all guest staterooms. Guests in balcony staterooms may smoke (including cigars) outside on their balcony, except for Spa accommodations as noted above.
Guests who smoke in their staterooms will be assessed a $250 cleaning fee.
Note: Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are only allowed in the designated smoking areas.
- cigarette, cigar and pipe smoking is permitted in designated outdoor areas of the ship. Smoking is not permitted in any dining venue, casino, theater, lounge, hallway, elevator, or corridor. This policy includes smoking-like products such as electronic cigarettes. Smoking is not permitted inside any stateroom, or on verandas. A cleaning fee of $250 will be charged. Additionally, there is a non-smoking policy on all components of the land tour portion of all Cruisetours.
- Smoking cigarettes, cigars and pipes is not permitted on board, except in the “Cigar Lounge” area. Electronic cigarettes may only be used cabins and in the “Cigar Lounge” area. In public areas outdoors smoking is only allowed in specially designated areas that have ashtrays. We would like to remind you that smoking is not permitted in cabins, but only outside on private balconies. To avoid the risk of fire, cigarettes must be extinguished and left in the ashtrays provided and never thrown overboard when they are still lit. On board the ships Costa Mediterranea, Costa Classica, Costa Atlantica and Costa Victoria there are no indoor smoking areas.
- Indoor smoking is permitted only in the Connoisseur Club smoking lounge. Smoking is prohibited in all other indoor areas of the ship including all other public rooms, lounges, corridors and restaurants, as well as all staterooms, suites and verandahs. Please note, if smoke is detected in a stateroom or suite, a cleaning fee of $250 per incident will be billed to your account. Outdoor smoking is allowed in a limited number of designated spaces
- Smoking is not permitted in any public area with the exception of Churchill’s Cigar Lounge, designated areas on the open decks and the upper level of G32 on Queen Mary 2. Pipe and cigar smoking is only permitted in Churchill’s Cigar Lounge and on the permitted open decks spaces. Smoking is not permitted in staterooms. Smoking is permitted on private balconies.
Electronic cigarettes may be used in staterooms and on stateroom balconies however, they are not permitted in non-smoking public areas.
Disney Cruise Line
- smoking is prohibited in all interior spaces throughout their ships and is also prohibited on stateroom verandahs. Smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes) is only permitted in designated outside areas of the ship.
Guests who are found smoking in their staterooms or on their verandahs will be charged a $250 stateroom recovery fee. This fee covers deep cleaning that includes air filter replacement, carpet extraction and the cleaning and replacement of drapes, comforters, blankets and pillows, along with verandah cleaning and maintenance.
Holland America Line
- all staterooms , showrooms and most other indoor areas are designated non-smoking. Guests are allowed to smoke on stateroom verandahs. Smoking is also permitted on certain other designated, outside decks.
Cigar and pipe smoking is not allowed anywhere inside; it is only permitted on the outside decks where smoking is otherwise allowed and on stateroom verandahs. Electronic cigarettes are permitted in staterooms but not in other public areas of the ship other than on outside decks designated as smoking areas.
Any guest who smokes inside staterooms in violation of our policy will be charged a US$250 cleaning fee per day of violation.
- Smoking not allowed in staterooms or on balconies.
Smoking is permitted in several bars on each ship, and on one side (indicated by signage) of the principal outdoor pool deck areas, where ashtrays are provided.
For MSC Divina only, smoking is limited to two general areas: the Cigar Lounge and port side of designated outside decks.
- Regular or electronic cigarettes permitted on cabin balconies, in the casino or in the Cigar Bar (where available). Pipes or cigars allowed in the Cigar Bar or designated smoking lounge. Cigarettes, pipes and cigars allowed outside on designated areas of open decks. Smoking inside a stateroom will result in a $250 cleaning charge added to your onboard account.
(click on Shipboard Services) - Designated Smoking Areas are available on Deck 9, the forward starboard corner of the Pool Deck, and Deck 10, in the aft, port corner of Horizons; not permitted in cabins or on private balconies, or in any interior public spaces (including the casino). (cleaning fee applies; violators subject to disembarkation at the next port of call)
- permitted in designated public areas both inside and outside, allowed in the casino. Smoking is banned in cabins and on balconies. $250 fine for each violation of the cabin/balcony policy. Electronic cigarettes are allowed in all areas except dining venues and the main theaters. Note that if someone complains, even after being told the difference between e-cigarettes and real ones, the e-cigarette user will be asked to stop.
Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- smoking is prohibited in all suites, staterooms and balconies fleet-wide.
Cigarette, electronic cigarette or cigar smoking is not permitted in any enclosed dining areas. Electronic cigarette smoking is permitted throughout the ship with the exception of the dining areas mentioned above. Cigarette smoking is only permitted in designated outdoor and inside areas.
Cigar Smoking is only permitted in the Connoisseur Club and the designated area on the opposite side of the Pool Bar.
Pipe smoking is only permitted in the Connoisseur Club.
Failure to comply with the smoking rules will result in guests being debarked at the next port of call.
- permitted only in designated outdoor public areas. Not allowed in any cabin or any balcony. Cigarettes allowed in portion of casino. Cigars and pipes only allowed in cigar bar and designated outside areas. E-cigarettes are considered real cigarettes for the purpose of the policy. $250 fee for each violation.
- No smoking in suites (cabins). Otherwise smoking is allowed on balconies and designated inside and outside areas.