Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2003, 07:05 PM

We're hoping to take a Caribbean cruise in early June for 7 days (any port in Florida). We have 3 kids (age 7, 9, 11). Which ship do you all recommend? The Norway is cheap...but old. However, is it really that bad? Princess is offering great prices right now on the Grand Princess. Do they (Princess) have good kids programs? I've heard great things about Carnival's kids programs, but the 2 ships I've referenced (especially Triumph) are a few hundred dollars more (total) than the other 2. Any advice would be appreciated. thx

Tom
Old 03-27-2003, 07:05 PM

We're hoping to take a Caribbean cruise in early June for 7 days (any port in Florida). We have 3 kids (age 7, 9, 11). Which ship do you all recommend? The Norway is cheap...but old. However, is it really that bad? Princess is offering great prices right now on the Grand Princess. Do they (Princess) have good kids programs? I've heard great things about Carnival's kids programs, but the 2 ships I've referenced (especially Triumph) are a few hundred dollars more (total) than the other 2. Any advice would be appreciated. thx

Tom
Old 03-28-2003, 04:06 AM

Hi Tom,

concerning the "Norway": in my opinion, she isn't "bad" at all. She's one of my two favorite ships (the other one is the "Seven Seas Mariner"). However, she is very different from the other ships you mention, and it is essential to know about these differences. Booking the "Norway" just because of the low fares might result in disappointment, because the ship might be different from what you expect.

Personally, I would go for the "Grand Princess", especially if the fares are considerably lower than Carnival.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 03-28-2003, 05:15 PM

Try to take one in Royal Caribbean. I've seen the camp for kids and you won't be dissapointed.

Lil
Old 03-28-2003, 05:46 PM

Tom, although all the above posts have good advice, with kids the ages of yours, I would also recommend the Disney cruise ships. Never cheap, but they do a first-class job, and kids just love it. (I sailed on one of them last month & have a review posted on cruisereviews.com, if you want more detail.) They do offer a 7-day cruise year-round, alternating between eastern & western Caribbean.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:21 AM

I was in the same boat as you as I also have 3 children. In order for me to afford to bring the kids, I am cruising Carnival. Carnival is the only line that will allow you to have 5 in a room on certain ships. The 3rd, 4th & 5th cruisers are half the cost. The other lines will only allow you to get a family suite or 2 rooms. This doubles the cost of the cruise! I know 5 is a squeeze but you really are not in the room for anything but sleeping & getting ready to go "somewhere". We have already worked out that the boys (husband, 17 & 7 yr olds) will shower in the spa area while my daughter & I will have the shower in our room. We are cruising the Paradise in November & look forward to the smoke free environment.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnaval, carnival, cruise, cruises, good, google, grand, kids, norway, paradise, princess, reviews, suite, things, triumph