Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 04:32 AM

Hi!
We're about to take our first cruise and I'm wondering what the beds are like on Legend of the Seas. I'm a very poor sleeper and can't face the thought of the prospect of 12 sleepless nights on an uncomfortable bed. Are the mattresses sprung or foam rubber? Are the twin beds roomy, or pokey little narrow ones? I have a memoryfoam travel'topper'. Is it worth using up my luggage allowance to take it with me?
Thanks in anticipation...
Delia
Old 05-22-2007, 04:32 AM

Hi!
We're about to take our first cruise and I'm wondering what the beds are like on Legend of the Seas. I'm a very poor sleeper and can't face the thought of the prospect of 12 sleepless nights on an uncomfortable bed. Are the mattresses sprung or foam rubber? Are the twin beds roomy, or pokey little narrow ones? I have a memoryfoam travel'topper'. Is it worth using up my luggage allowance to take it with me?
Thanks in anticipation...
Delia
Old 05-22-2007, 12:12 PM

Hi Bugsy, welcome to cruise-chat. I haven't been on the Legend, but have never had any problems sleeping on any ship I've been on. The ocean rocking me to sleep each evening is so relaxing. I am pretty sure you can ask for an egg crate, but I doubt you'll need it. The beds are a normal size twin bed. It might help posting this in Royal Caribbean as well. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Banned

For a poor sleeper, just add several hundred
C-Notes to the bedding.....you'll enjoy a much richer sleep.

Actually, each ship on which I have sailed, has had comfortable beds; of course, our twins are put together to make a double. The only problem I have is the fact that I'm tall and sometimes my feet hang over the edge, but no big deal. I still sleep like a baby (which, come to think of it, baby's don't sleep real well, so why is that part of the english vernacular for sleeping well?).
Old 05-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Banned

The thread is in regards to RCCL, but I can attest to the comfort on CCL. They have changed their beds, including down pillows, sheets with a high thread count, and duvets. All of which are available for purchase. It's a good thing.
A'ndrea
Old 05-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

I always bring my own Mattress and box spring.It is a little awkward at the airport but well worth the trouble.Since We sleep on the deck and bring our own food We find that we also save on laundry if we bring sleeping bags/I also find a clean sock and your index finger does a great job if you can't afford a toothbrush.....

Sorry bad day at the office...........
Old 05-22-2007, 03:12 PM
We all have 'em.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Banned

Cheer up Bruce. You have a cruise to look forward to.
And, remember, even a bad day at sea is better than a good day at the office.
A'ndrea
Old 05-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

I wish the cruise lasted as long as the ticker
Old 05-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Banned

Don't we all.

Closed Thread

Tags
barratt, carnival, cruise, lines, mattresses