Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2005, 08:01 AM

TRYING TO FIND A CARIBEAN CRUISE THAT WOULD DEPART FROM THE PORT OF NY OR NJ, THAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR TEENS, LOOKING TO SAIL BETWEEN THE DATE OF 4-13-06 OR AROUND THAT TIME PERIOD FOR A 7 DAY CRUISE MAYBE 8 OR 9 DAYS IF FEESABLE
THANX FOR THE HELP
MIKE
Old 10-20-2005, 01:56 PM

I would recommend Royal Carribean for teens. Go to their home website, and do a "Quick Vacation Search". There you can put in the port you want to sail out of, and you destination, and a range of dates. I would start there. It will walk you through, all the way to a final price, with taxes and fees. The final price does not include insurance. They will offer you "Cruise Care Insurance", that is Royal Carribeans own insurance. Everyone sugguest 3rd party insurance. There are several threads on that if you are interested. You can do the same thing on "Cruises Only" website, but there you can search lots of other cruise lines to compare. I like those search tools. They give me an idea on itinerarys and prices. Of coarse, there is a travel agent. But, I like to scope out the different cruises first to compare. I am not sure if Princess has as much activities as Royal Carribean. I have only cruised on Princess once, and that was to Alaska, on an older ship. Good Luck. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-20-2005, 02:25 PM

Your choices are very limited based on your parameters. The only cruise ships that are sailing out of NY or NJ in April 2006 and fit your time frame are the Carnival Legend, Celebrity Constellation and Norwegian Spirit. At Spring Break all would be fine for a teen, so it would come down to price and itinerary. Hope that helps -
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-20-2005, 03:13 PM

Oops!! I didn't realize Royal Carribean doesnt' sail out of those ports at those times. I live in Phoenix, so I never do much searching with those ports. Thank goodness we have our "gurus". VBG, LOL Thanks Nancy. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-20-2005, 06:28 PM

L'il Lori,
My first choice would have been RCI also - but living on the east coast (or sort of) I knew that wasn't an option. I love the fact that cruise-chat has declared me a "guru" based on number of posts - since I usually feel like anything but!!! It's so nice to have good people like you to chat with.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-25-2005, 02:24 PM

Mike,

RCCL moves the Explorer up to NJ in May 2006 and she'll do 9 nts to the Caribbean, and I think a short jaunt to Bermuda too at that time. If your dates are flexible, that might work for you.

Closed Thread