Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Hello again, Loomie;
well, since Alaska is out, Mexico is too hot, and you don't seem bothered by international flight, it looks like either the Caribbean or Europe. HAL should have something for you in either of these markets.
I have a travel agent recommendation for you but I'll send that by private message.
Once again, have a wonderful trip.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:36 PM

Hello,

Here is another idea for you...The Rhapsody of the Seas (RCCL) does 7 day cruises from Galveston in June and July. Mexico will be hot at that time of the year but I would at least look at this option.

Fred
Old 12-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Another option might be Canada/New England. Maasdam is doing this route between Montreal and Boston -- a great itinerary, IMO.

I agree that finding a new travel agent is in order.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:20 PM

Hello. I did a 7 night small yacht cruise, around the Galapagos Islands, with Gap Adventures, a tour company in Canada. We flew on Continental, from Phoenix-Houston-Quito. Joined the tour group in Quito. Anyways, my husband and I absolutely LOVED the Galapagos. We went late july-early august of this year. It is a different type of vacation. If you do the shore excursions, they are pretty active. You either have a "wet landing", where you hop out of the dingy into the water, and walk to shore. Or, you have a "dry" landing, where you hop from the dingy to a landing zone (usually a bunch of big flat rocks). You basically walk along a "trail", that is usually VERY rocky, and uneven. You see all the wonderful scenery as you walk along the trail. We saw green, red, WHITE, and black sand beaches. We saw all the usual animals, the islands are known for. The summer is there dry season, so lots of the trees were dormant. There were several places to snorkel at. Snorkeling was great, saw lots of black tipped sharks, and puffer fish. Also the sea lions played with us, and got VERY close to us. You could often touch them. The younger kids we saw, seemed to be enjoying themselves. We saw dolphins and some killer whales, that were surfing at the bow of you tiny yacht. Check out Celebrity Xpedition, she looked beautiful. We saw her in a port, she was the biggest ship I saw down there. If you have any questions about the Galapagos Islands, I'd be happy to answer them. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, answers, cruise, elation, family, famiy, fred, game, genuis, great, july, june, ncl, perks, reunion, ship