Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2002, 09:07 PM

Going on my first cruise and am filled with questions. First, can I take bottles of liquor onto ship? If not can I buy bottles on the ship for use in my cabin?
Old 09-30-2002, 09:07 PM

Going on my first cruise and am filled with questions. First, can I take bottles of liquor onto ship? If not can I buy bottles on the ship for use in my cabin?
Old 09-30-2002, 09:32 PM

A lot depends on the cruise line. What ship are you going on & how long is the cruise [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]? What do you drink? Will you be flying to get to the ship? Let us know, and we'll try to help. If you scan down the previously asked questions, there's been much published on this same subject. Check under the different cruise lines, as I don't remember where it was posted.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:13 PM

Why is it so important for you to bring liquor with you? As if you didn't have enough to pack and carry ... can't you live without booze for a few moments? I've always laughed at folks who pack liquor or even soft drinks and carry on board. "But it's so expensive to buy liquor or soft drinks on the ship." You just spent $5000+ to take a cruise ... I think you can spring for $20 and buy your Pepsi and Dr Pepper on board, too.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:29 PM

$5,000 + to take a cruise? What planet are you living on? Obviously, you haven't taken cruises, or you would know why people question this. Liquor is a huge item on anyone's bill that drinks, and a 15% gratuity is added to any beverages that are purchased, including bottled water. I suggest if you do decide to take a cruise, you should see a "cruise only" travel agent. You could take a family of 4 for 7-10 days, and not even come close to your $5,000 figure. Just my opinion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2002, 09:40 PM
Banned

I also get a kick out of people that spend thousands of dollars and buy a few bottles of duty free booze. They save a few dollars and run the risk of breakage during the travel home. On one flight a passenger stored a few bottles in the overhead compartment. The bottles leaked. What a mess. The liquid ran down the compartment dripped on a few people. No one admitted to owning the bottles and no one claimed them we got off. If you feel that you need to buy the duty free liquor to help lower the cost of your trip make sure the caps are on tight.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:01 PM

Thank you for your input Sue. You were very helpful. Unfortunately some of the other respodents were under the impression I was looking for their opinion, ego's are amazing things. Thanks again!
Old 11-07-2002, 12:51 PM

ok first of all,if your young like I am you want to get tanked at a reasonable price. So what we did is not by the HUGE bottles at port my girlfriend and I bought the smaller bottles of rum and vodka and put them in my pockets. They dont strip search you or pat you down.If you want to bring some home then just buy the huge bottle give it to the check in guy and put a smaller bottle in your pockets to bring on. There not going to say "heah is that REALLY all the liquor you have or is there more in your pockets?" On board you just get coke to mix it up or like us brought cans of coke,H2O, and small liquor bottles. (had to refill in port).
Old 11-07-2002, 02:24 PM

I had the same question under the Royal Caribbean page. Yeah, you do get some ego, tea sipping people. But, I'll just use common sense. I wasn't planning to bring a keg of beer. Just some wine. If I can save a few dollars on that and spend the money on a excursion or whatever, than hey why not!? Have fun! I plan on it in January. Its my first cruise also! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2002, 06:15 PM

We only care for half a bottle of wine with dinner so this is of no earth-shaking importance, HOWEVER, if you live south-of-the-border (the Canadian border!) you may be ignorant of the fact that we do indeed pay $5000 per person for a cruise [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]. We're on the Volendam on Jan. 28, and on the Zuiderdam on Feb 8, 2003. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Closed Thread

Tags
basket, bon, bottles, corkage, cruise, cruises, emoticon, fee, liquor, pat, search, ship, small, strip, voyage