Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2005, 05:09 PM

http://www.Sealetter.com one of the Internet’s older cruise sites that was established in 1995 has been acquired by CruiseReviews.com. This will bring more seasoned cruisers and traffic to the CruiseReviews.com complex of websites and should benefit everyone involved. I have known Sharon Jackson (the owner of Sealetter.com) for many years and have had the highest respect for the Sealetter.com team. I am proud to participate in its future growth and development. CruiseReviews.com has already benefited from the wonderful individuals that found us from Sealetter.com.

I would like to introduce Mr. David Beers. David was the Administrator for the Sealetter Cruise Forum and joins CruiseReviews.com as both an Administrator for Cruise-Chat.com and also as a Contributing Editor. Known as “Dave56” in Cruise-Chat.com, David brings years of experience operating a very sophisticated discussion group. I asked Dave for a brief bio so everyone could get to know him and here it is;

< where I was an administrator and a columnist. I am also on staff with the Travel Forum on Netscape, as their United States and Canada section leader. I love writing, and have written many cruise reviews and other articles about cruising. Some people think I am a pretty decent writer. Me? I am never satisfied with my results.

I am originally from upstate New York. After graduating from high school, I served four years in the U.S. Marine Corps where I saw a lot of the far east. After a brief respite working at a local radio station in Hudson, NY, I re-entered the military by joining the Navy. I spent six years on active duty as a nuclear propulsion plant operator, serving on the USS Texas (CGN-39) and the USS Nimitz (CVN-68). During this time I was fortunate to do two 6 month deployments to the Mediterranean, which allowed me to do extensive traveling in many countries. My combined ten years of military service allowed me to see over thirty countries and most importantly to meet the citizens. This is a treasure to me that cannot be diminished.

After leaving the Navy, I was hired by the Tennessee Valley Authority, an agency of the U.S. government, as a supervisor at one of their nuclear power plants. And I continue in that role today, 21 years later. My wife is Vanessa, and our 11 year old son is Jacob. We live in Athens, Alabama, which is a few miles west of Huntsville. I plan to retire in three years, and hopefully this will allow us to do MUCH more cruising!

I am so happy to join the staff here at Cruise Reviews! I look forward to working with everyone, and learning from each of you. And during our journey together I hope to provide honest and correct information to our membership.>>

David, Welcome Aboard!

Tom
Old 12-22-2005, 05:20 PM

David,
Welcome! In the short time you have been contributing to the cruise-chat discussion board, you have already proven to be an asset to the site. I look forward to working with you on CruiseReviews.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Tom,

Thank you so much for that wonderful introduction! I am quite honored to join the membership of cruise-chat and cruise reviews. The first time I came here I immediately realized this was a quality website. I look forward to making new friends here, and to help serve our members as best I can.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Nancy,

Thank you for your kind welcome! I have been reading your messages, going back a while, and am impressed with your knowledge and detail. I hope to learn much from you! And I also hope to earn your trust and friendship!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:01 PM

Welcome Dave & Sealetter.com Gang

Look forward to sharing cruise information with you all.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 12-22-2005, 07:51 PM

At the risk of beating an old cliche to death, glad to have you aboard!
Old 12-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Hi Dave,

Just jumping in to say hey!

Fast dancing is the second best form of exercise,
slow dancing leads to the first!
Old 12-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Administrator

To all,

Keith and Rita are long time cruise friends of mine. They are original members of the sealetter boards and have been around the other cruise forums for many years. I am so delighted to see them here at CruiseReviews! Keith and Rita are experienced cruisers and their opinions are not to be dismissed.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:39 PM

Congratulations David! You have joined a great chat group. Even though I have been chastised for being confrontational on this site, I really enjoy the quality of information here. Having lurked at SeaLetter.com as well, you will be a great addition to this site.

Walter O’Mally
Old 12-23-2005, 02:30 AM

Hello Dave,

welcome on our board. We all love it and it gives us so much, not only the informations we need.

Glad to welcome you as a new member of our "group".

Best wishes from Germany
Marita

Closed Thread

Tags
beers, columnist, cruise, jackson, join, reviews, reviewscom, sealetter, sharon