Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2007, 03:44 PM

What brand walkie talkie would be best for taking on cruise? Or is something else better to keep track of everyone or time to met etc etc.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Banned

Johnson, we own 4 Motorolas. They work great and it gives me peace of mind when my daughters (17 and 13) are on their own. I think most brands are fine. Obviously, avoid dollar store deals. Sturdy, dependable brands are available at Target and Walmart. We also bring rechargeable batteries with our charger. Just a thought !
A'ndrea
Old 04-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Motorola is a good brand. Just remember, you get what you pay for.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 04-08-2007, 07:30 PM

Let me go ahead and warn you...the walkie talkies did not work for us. We couldn't find ANY channel that didn't have people on it already and it was very confusing to know who was calling due to all the noise, music etc. We didn't use ours after the first day.

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Old 04-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Walkie-talkies have been discussed at some length on other threads; click on "Find" at the top of the page and enter "walkie-talkies"; lots of good information.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Banned

Sounds like a big hassle, something lame to carry around and worry about. Why go on a cruise if you are just going to carry a bunch of crap around and be in touch with your people every waking second? Sounds like jail.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Couldn't have put it better!

Except to mention the scornful looks you will be getting from all the passengers you are annoying.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:02 AM

We have some Motorola walkie-talkies that we got a good deal on at Sam's Club a few years back. We use ours at home for when the kid goes out to play or to her friends' houses. It's much easier for me than standing on the front porch, yelling that it is time to come home! LOL!
We did take them to DisneyWorld when we went with a large family group. But it seems everyone else brought them too. We did find that it helped to have silly "code" names for calling other people, since everyone else will be saying, "Mom, are you there?" or "Hey, Dad!"
Also, since you will be hearing everyone else talking on it all the time, you might want to agree to just turn them on at 15 to 20 minutes past the hour.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Banned

Some beach, it may be a "hassle" to carry a bunch of "crap" around for you. I say, lucky for you ! But, some are responsible parents and like to know where our children are on a ship that is the size of small city. To each his own. I like to keep my "peeps" close. My children actually feel safer knowing they can contact me and it doesn't feel like "jail" to them. A'ndrea
Old 04-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Banned

Why not surgically inserted microchips so you can track with GPS/

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cruises, elation, imagination, princess, rent, renting, ship, ships, splendor, talkie, talkies, type, walkie