Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 06:36 AM

Hello Fellow Cruisers,
We are booked on the Mariner of the Seas on October 28,2007, Eastern Caribbean. Our first cruise was November 7, 2005 on The Sovereign of the Seas. We can't wait, that first cruise hooked us both. Now we know we don't need to pack so many clothes, and junk. We know that
we want to book a couple excursions, we didn't
on the Sovereign. We know that cruising is the best thing since "Mom's apple pie"

Countrymoon
MSC - Lirica 2008

Old 01-01-2007, 01:09 PM

how was it?

Georgina*[/quote]
Old 01-01-2007, 04:46 PM

Next cruise is Cape Horn/Strait of Magellan from Santiago,Chile to Buenos Aires.
Planning to do something from Red Hook(NYC) again this fall.
Feb. 2008 South America leaving from FLL to Manaus.

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 01-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Our next two cruises are booked (Western Caribbean from Galveston and Norway/Arctic Circle from Amsterdam). For 2008, we're seriously considering the British Isles combined with a return visit to London, and perhaps another cruise on our favorite itinerary, Canada/New England.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Next cruise is Cape Horn/Strait of Magellan from Santiago,Chile to Buenos Aires.
HOLA! Just returned from HAL's Rotterdam doing Valparaiso to Rio - spectacular is the only way to describe it. BE SURE TO GET PORT SIDE accomodations traveling in that direction!!! You'll have all of the glaciers at your fingertips. We had a Deluxe Veranda (Suite 7038) portside and would sit (bundled up) having hot drinks and enjoying the view for hours... Our transit around the Horn was bright, sunny and SMOOOOOOOTH (but cold)! We were lucky - the captain even cicumnavigated the island. Had to bypass the Falklands - the seas were running 30+ feet and the winds were blowing 75kts across our bow!

Have a great cruise!

Old 01-02-2007, 10:03 AM

Now that I read these, forget the Medditeranian, I want to go to Cape Horn.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Administrator

So do I. We'll have to wait until my husband is retired, as none of the Cape Horn itineraries fit in with his teaching schedule. At least it's something fabulous to look forward to.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:37 PM
I have three booked at present;
Hawaiian Islands, 15 days round trip from L.A. on Island Princess in April;
Scandinavian Capitals, 10 days round trip from Copenhagen on Veendam in June;
Exotic Panama Canal, 15 days Ft. Lauderdale to L.A. on Island Princess in April "08;
and a tentative 7 day Mexican Riviera from L.A. in early "08 (just to hold me over).

Just the act of writing this all down and reading all the other wonderful plans my fellow cruise pals have has really made me realize how truly blessed we all are.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Administrator

We have the 5-day run on the venerable old Holiday this March, and the all-new Liberty Of The Seas in June on a 7-day eastern Caribbean. I was tempted recently to book a Bermuda cruise on the Empress Of The Seas but decided to hold off.

I am looking at the 5-day New Year's cruise on the Grandeur Of The Seas for this coming December, out of Tampa. It would bring us to needing just one more RCI cruise to make diamond status.

f-mattox is correct - we all are living good lives to be able to have all these cruises lined up. I remember my Navy days of long ago when we'd be in a port and a cruise ship would arrive. I was so envious of the passengers and wondered if I'd ever be able to afford a cruise as a once in a lifetime treat. Now we try to do two per year!
Old 01-02-2007, 03:22 PM

F-mattox and Dave, you are so right about us all being blessed to be able to travel, and to have so many choices too! I really am looking forward to the Holiday cruise in March. I've never gone anywhere that inexpensively so its just "gonna be good!" I could have a good time in a cardboard box with being at sea an added plus.

As far as major cruises, I still want to try a Voyager or higher class RCCL ship and also have been flirting with a Meditteranean cruise itinerary, perhaps late summer this year..IF ALL GOES WELL!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas

Closed Thread

Tags
amsterdam, cape, chile, costa, cruise, horn, insignia, magica, review, rio, suite