Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006, 02:06 PM

DO NOT CALL LIST FOR CELL PHONES

Cell phone Numbers Going Public. JUST A REMINDER, 14 days from today, cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS! These telemarketers will eat up your free minutes and end up costing you money in the long run. To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888/382-1222.It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. Note: This will require that you call from your cell phone. You can do the same on the web at https://www.donotcall.gov/Register/Reg.aspx

Old 04-03-2006, 02:06 PM

DO NOT CALL LIST FOR CELL PHONES

Cell phone Numbers Going Public. JUST A REMINDER, 14 days from today, cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS! These telemarketers will eat up your free minutes and end up costing you money in the long run. To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888/382-1222.It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. Note: This will require that you call from your cell phone. You can do the same on the web at https://www.donotcall.gov/Register/Reg.aspx

Old 04-04-2006, 12:07 AM

Thanks so much for this link, I almost forgot and already had one or two solicitors call my cell!

Couples Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 04-05-2006, 01:22 PM

Thanks SONNYV...did that today. Hope it works!
Old 04-05-2006, 02:44 PM

wow!! knew nothing about this happening..thanks for the heads up! Hope it really works!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:24 AM

SonnyV

I hate to rain on your parade - and all of the other unfortunate people who believe this myth - but your posting is not accurate. This has been a rumor on the internet for many years.

Now, while it is true that there is discussion about a national directory for cellphone numbers - any plan that has ever been discussed about it is on an "Opt-IN" method only - meaning you have to request to be included.

There is a great website called Snopes.com that clarifies all kinds of Urban Legends and Internet myths in the world. I just checked it again after reading your post, and as of January of this year, they still report this a a totally false story.

If you want to read there explanation, the link to there article is at http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp[/url]

Enchantment - August 2005
Old 04-07-2006, 07:30 AM

One quick follow-up to my post - if you go to the FTC's website using the link that SONNYV provided - and go to the Q&A page for consumers, The answer to Question #10 clearly addresses this issue. They say (which I did not know until a few minutes ago) that it is against FCC regulations for companies using automated dialers to call cellphone numbers. Since most telemarketing companies use them - I think we can assume we are safe - until such time as the FCC changes their rules.

Enchantment - August 2005
Old 04-08-2006, 12:47 PM

I hope you're right! Check again in two weeks. I'd rather be safe then sorry, it only takes a few minutes to list your no call number.

Old 04-11-2006, 02:46 PM

It is also a very good idea in your cell phone to program in a contact called ICE - which stands for In Case of Emercency. Use a phone number for someone who you trust.

When travelling, we never know what might happen. Equally, if you loose your phone - i have had people return my phone when then called the number.

Just a simple suggestion

Ridley
Publisher of deckchair magazine
www.deckchair.ca

**Check out our 15 page World Cruise Guide, listing every ship and where they will be during the next 12 months.**
Old 05-22-2006, 04:31 PM

Thanks for the head's up

Closed Thread

Tags
call, cell, delaware, list, phone