Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
That's amazing to hear, I would have thought you would be blamed for everything that went wrong.
Oh, I've had my share of "why didn't you tell me it was going to rain on Thursday at 4pm in Cozumel?" but one gets used to that, and it's certainly no nightmare. What more than makes up for it is how happy people are about their vacation when they get back. Even the ones who blamed me for bad weather turn out to be repeat customers!

Sandy
Old 07-11-2007, 06:07 PM

Oh you definitely get the ones that will complain about the least little thing. Then the ones like I had recently that didn't even give their first cruise a chance. They walked off the ship before it even sailed! Pool was too small, room was to small, and the guy in the gym told him he probably would have to wait a long time every day to use the gym equipment because it was always crowded. But then when you get a client like my 90 year old man who took his 85 year old girlfriend to Italy, and comes back so happy telling you how they went to a romantic Italian restaurant and danced, and everyone clapped for them. You just have to smile and say "Why can't all clients be like that."

Sandy, Have a great cruise. I leave August 9th for Alaska on Celebrity Summit.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I leave August 9th for Alaska on Celebrity Summit.
Ah, the Summit should be a great cruise. I'm on the Mercury on Friday. Did Alaska several years ago on Celebrity's Horizon, during a short time that ship was doing the Alaska itinerary. Haven't seen the Mercury in some time, and I'm looking forward to it.

I'll be interested in hearing how you liked Summit.

Sandy
Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM

Just wanted to say I am enjoying this thread as a CCL agent. I don't book that many cruises as is not my main job.. I know you full timers have some feelings about that and is understandable. I wanted to say so far my worst headache was this small group last year that kept changing names on the res. Then a week before the sail date I get a call asking will there be any problems with one of them being in a wheelchair!

I asked the special needs question, I guess they did not understand it? I got it fixed just by luck at that late date.

Hope you both have a great cruise!

Best regards,
Dwayne
Old 07-12-2007, 03:12 AM
Administrator

We had a 98 year old woman on the Liberty who started cruising on her 80th birthday - every year on her birthday week. The CD made a point of mentioning her whenever he saw her in the audience for something. Maybe she should be made an honorary MCC!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:45 AM

Would someone please pack me in their suitcase?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I don't book that many cruises as is not my main job.. I know you full timers have some feelings about that and is understandable.
I don't mind someone being a part-time travel agent. There was a time that home-based travel agents were thought of as "hobbyists" and non-professional, and happily, that has changed.

What bothers me are the "card mills" that sell travel agent credentials to folks who have no intention of being a travel seller, but who buy credentials because they're promised they can "travel like a travel agent" for free or discounted prices. I consider that shady on both the seller and buyers' part. I'm afraid the buyers are in for a shock, as travel agents don't usually travel for free, and discounts have been cut drastically or eliminated over the past years.

Sandy
Old 07-12-2007, 07:53 AM

Quote:
We had a 98 year old woman on the Liberty who started cruising on her 80th birthday - every year on her birthday week. The CD made a point of mentioning her whenever he saw her in the audience for something. Maybe she should be made an honorary MCC!
Amazing! I hope she cruises for many more years.

Maybe we should start her as an ACC: Alive & Cruising Contentedly!

Sandy
Old 07-12-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Would someone please pack me in their suitcase?
Penny, I would except that I've packed for 8 days away, including winter-type clothing and hiking boots, into a rollaboard and smaller carry-on bag! I don't think I could get an additional toothpick in there at the moment. Oh, and my laptop, because I'm giving a presentation. The good news is that I won't have to worry about my luggage being a no-show. It worries me because we are not able to leave tonight, so we're flying tomorrow, which is cruise day. Not much wiggle room for lost luggage!

Sandy
Old 07-12-2007, 08:33 AM

Ok, guess I'm stuck working. I hope the weather cooperates for you and Jan. Look forward to hearing from y'all on your return.

Closed Thread

Tags
accredited, achievement, certified, clia, counsellor, counselor, counselors, cruise, do, find, levels, logo, master, mcc, means, training