Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
- OH YES! THE POOL DECK LOUNGE CHAIR SAVERS!!! Some people think they can place there plate of food, drink, book or other personal item on a lounge chair on or around the pool deck, and it's theirs (sometimes for the whole day). I liked the funny statement one of the members here said (words to the effect): "I don't have to ever shop for any books, sunglasses or towels. I can just walk around the pool deck during my cruise

Most people that have been on here for a while know my feelings about this. I don't want to feel like I'm stealing the chair-saver's towels anymore. So my new resolution is to auction them on ebay and send the proceeds to Unicef. I'm calling it my redistribution from the me-me's to the children program.

I have so many I better space myself like Frase.

Let's get this one out of the way. People who are rude to the crew and staff. I have to go in to "Serenity Now" sometimes to keep from going off on them.

Dwayne
Old 01-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Let's get this one out of the way. People who are rude to the crew and staff. I have to go in to "Serenity Now" sometimes to keep from going off on them.
I remember reading a reply from a member here who witnessed such rude behavior from one of his fellow passenger towards a crew member. I also remember he came up with a good line he told that passenger (words to the effect): "I thought slavery ended a long time ago."
Old 01-18-2009, 11:20 PM

Frase, I'm sure the word got around to the rest of the crew too. People have to realize the ship is basically a floating city. This is where the crew works and lives, we are guests there even though we pay.

OK, my turn.

Obnoxious kids on the loose. This is rediculous sometimes. People get on the ship and let them go at will yelling and screaming. Not all kids get on my nerves mind you, just the obnoxious ones. You can always tell which one's have good parents.

Example 1; A bunch of brats pushed all the elevator buttons one time. Then the same bunch asked if the elevator was going to the front of the ship the next day. I told them it was going to the back.

Example 2; A well behaved group of kids approached a person in our group while doing the scavenger hunt. Then they asked me "Mr. can you help us too please?" I read the next clue from the sheet and knew it was in the lobby, so I gave them a blatent additional clue to help them.

Dwayne
Old 01-19-2009, 06:28 AM

Hey, I lost a black pen to the Scavenger Hunt. "We'll bring it right back to you, sir." Crickets chirping hours later... no pen.
People who leave their rugrats in the adult pool hoping that some responsible adult will surely supervise them.
Parents who bring their young teens to the adult comedy shows.
People who order an extra entree and only eat a couple of bites of it.
Adults who buy a bucket o' beer and proceed to give it to their underage friends.
The way the Newlywed Game has become choreographed.
I HATE BINGO BEFORE EVERY SHOW!!
People who leave their stateroom doors open to let everyone view their own little personal pig sty.
Children at the dessert bar. They tend to fill things a little over the normal proportions.
By the way, if someone is not with their lounge chair and they leave their towel... Pick up the towel and turn it in to a cabin steward. The offending party will have to pay a $22 fine.
So many pet peeves... not enough time.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:31 AM
Well my husband and I both agree that our pet peeve is cracky and complaining people. That want to suck you into their misery. Sometimes that's why we like to dine alone at night. Some passengers will complain about something that is not even the fault of the cruiseline. EX: We had to tender in Scotland and the weather was high winds and seas. We had long lines back to the ship and it stared to rain. Oh, the complaining! The Captain gave everyone $100 cruise credit and still people were not happy, we were over having to listen to them and would not agree and they would finally stop.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 01-19-2009, 06:59 AM
Administrator

How about the "it's my vacation and I'm going to do whatever I darn well please" crowd? It all comes down to respect and manners. I do my best to ignore them.

As far as forum posts -- I wouldn't call it a real pet peeve, but occasionally we get a poster who asks for advice right before leaving for a cruise that might not be right for them, or who are cutting it close with the timing of air schedules, or didn't purchase insurance. I feel badly for them, and wish they had gotten more advice up-front. I wish we (meaning all of us) could help more in cases such as this.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:05 AM
People who hack and cough without covering their mouth. This annoys me everywhere, but particularly on cruise ships where contact is so much closer. In the past 25 years the only times I have caught a cold is on a cruise. (twice out of nine cruises). I even had to see the doctor for a bronchial infection. I always covered my mouth and the doctor praised me for doing it and wished everyone would. The cruise ship provides kleenex and napkins so please make use of them.

Need some cruise help?
Old 01-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The way the Newlywed Game has become choreographed.
Yes, and without getting into details we all know the one question and answer they always make sure happens.

Quote:
I HATE BINGO BEFORE EVERY SHOW!!
It is a shameless way to boost sales, and then those who don't want to play can't find a seat, and if you do it is covered with used bingo cards.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Jill SC,
You reminded me of one and that is the passengers who walk past the hand sanitizer's before going into the dinning room, at night the crew even stands outside the dinning room and holds the bottle and puts in your hands for you and people still walk right by them, yuck whats up with that anyway.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 01-19-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
You reminded me of one and that is the passengers who walk past the hand sanitizer's before going into the dinning room, at night the crew even stands outside the dinning room and holds the bottle and puts in your hands for you and people still walk right by them, yuck whats up with that anyway.
Not defending all people that do that, but in defense of some, they may have just come out of the restroom around the corner where they just washed their hands.

Closed Thread

Tags
air, book, buffet, buffetcruiseshate, carnival, chair, cruise, docks, hate, line, peeves, pet, rant, savers, ship, time, victory