Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Mine is people that let their cabin doors slam shut behind them. I hear doors all hours of the day & night when I am in my cabin & it about drives me nuts. I try to be mindful of others when I leave my cabin & pull the do closed myself without it slamming shut.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Mine is people that let their cabin doors slam shut behind them.
That *is* annoying. We pull ours shut or hold the handle as it closes for two reasons - it dampens the noise and it also allows us to ensure the door latched/locked.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:31 AM

Quote:
You reminded me of one and that is the passengers who walk past the hand sanitizer's before going into the dinning room, at night the crew even stands outside the dinning room and holds the bottle and puts in your hands for you and people still walk right by them, yuck whats up with that anyway.
Quote:
Not defending all people that do that, but in defense of some, they may have just come out of the restroom around the corner where they just washed their hands.

With all due respect, (and I do greatly) they still would have had to touch the bathroom door to get out.

It has always puzzled me as to why people wash their hands, at least the guys that do it and then grab the door. They probably pick up more germs from doing that than they had.

I am the resident germaphobe though.

Dwayne
Old 01-22-2009, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Mine is people that let their cabin doors slam shut behind them.
That is one of mine as well. It boils down to rude and inconsiderate type people, or just plain ignorant.

People who are trying to scam them and holding up the Info Desk line. "We was told we would have a window". I love it when they tell them to check their confirmation.

Dwayne
Old 01-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Administrator

I use a paper towel to grab the men's room door handle on the way out (and after washing). I am one of those people responsible for the pile of paper towels one often sees on the floor just inside the door, although I do try to hit the trash can.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:24 AM

I also use a paper towel to open the restroom, although I noticed last week on Grandeur of the Seas that a lot of Ladies' Rooms doors open out. One just needs to push the door with a shoulder or arm.

The restroom doors that open inwards had a trash receptacle near enough the door so you don't have to throw it. I just held the door open with my foot and was able to lean over and put the paper towel in the trash.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:58 PM

Sandy,
Didn't the Solstice have automatic doors? Seems I remember automatic doors, unless I'm blurring the Solstice with another trip I've recently taken.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:58 PM

I do the same about the door. However, I notice alot of people that don't. I kept mentioning this to Carnival in the suggestion area of the comment card. I don't know if it had any influence, but they have tissue dispensers now for the door handles. They should put a big sign up explaining what they are for.

Dwayne
Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Well I am not sure if this is a pet peeve or just sad, but I always see some people load their tray full of food and leave half of it. Some of it hasn't even be touched. I find that rather sad. I just hate to waste food and see food wasted. Must be my childhood upbringing, I heard it every night at the dinner table. They were always starving in Europe according to my dear sweet parents. Plus it just makes our fares go up ! I know I can go back and get more if I really want to.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 01-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
However, I notice alot of people that don't.
There was this slob on the Liberty Of The Seas cruise in 2007 - he used a stall and as he exited it he laughed and shook his head at me as I grabbed the door handle with a paper towel. The pig didn't wash his hands and had used a stall...I later learned he was a diamond plus member. I guess loyalty doesn't mean a person has any class or personal hygiene standards. His mocking me really angered me. It was one of those moments that I wished I had a hot cup of coffee to accidently spill on him, or perhaps for the men's room door to somehow nail him in the face.

Closed Thread

Tags
air, book, buffet, buffetcruiseshate, carnival, chair, cruise, docks, hate, line, peeves, pet, rant, savers, ship, time, victory