Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 06:06 AM

I believe Calesso is under the impression that any policy bought through a travel agent is actually underwritten by the agency and not a third party. I am not aware of any agencies that underwrite their own policies. Not even major ones nation wide. This can be verified when purchasing insurance simply by asking "Is this a third party?"

It should be noted that travel agents in addition to cruise line insurance, offer third party insurance which they are only acting as a contracted agent. These are usually big names like Berley, Travel Insured, Travel Guard, Access America, to name a few. It is perfectly safe to purchase these through a travel agent.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:31 AM

And a very good idea to purchase trip insurance, always!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Cruise Week says that they have heard that "it's estimated almost $3 million in client final payments were never forwarded to the suppliers. Also, sources say Cruise Value Center has in excess of $1.5 million of insurance paid in, but never paid out to the vendor."
Old 11-13-2008, 11:28 AM

You know this makes me even happier with my TA. When we go in and make a payment, she picks up the phone talks to the cruise line, gives the CC/Debit card information, askes for a fax to confirm. We have a conformation that payment was made to the cruise line before we leave. I thought all TAs did that.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Not all clients are as aware as you are of how important it is to get confirmation.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:56 PM

I have never really thought about it until now. We just have a super type A TA. She likes to get things done while she has thhem in her hands. She has also done this for all of her clients.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:04 PM

I have always been surprised that the Cruise Lines do not have a way to let you pay on line. Seems like they would want to keep the money in their own pocket. Paying on line seems to work for excursions. I know if would be a software thingy but could be done.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
We have a conformation that payment was made to the cruise line before we leave.
I book via e-mail with my agent in Texas, but she always sends me a pdf of the booking - usually within a day or less.

It would be nice to have a feature where you could access the booking on-line and make a payment now and then. This wouldn't tie up your agent, and I can't see an agent minding if this option was available.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:42 PM

If you could look at the balance on line, it might help stop stuff like happened here. Of course there are those who do not use computers, that is a different story.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:59 PM
I can see where it might get a little confusing if you book with a TA but make payments online to the cruiseline--it shouldn't, but I can see where it could.

I always pay online to Princess--but then I always book online with them.

Closed Thread

Tags
bankrupt, bankruptcy, business, center, companies, cruise, cruisevaluecenter, exists, find, jeff, jeffrei, kivet, lines, longer, wwwcruise