Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 04:11 PM

I just read this and immediately called Carnival to check on the status of my group cruise. They said that we still have remaining balances that we owe them. Apparently CVC hasn't paid them even though I was able to get a confirmation number and reciept for payment. I had a friend check their East Brunswick, NJ office and it was closed during the day. If anyone has any idea how to contact them, could you please post it here. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:30 PM

Hi glennmac, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I hope this all get's resolved.

I can't answer your question, but wanted to welcome you aboard.

Dwayne
Old 11-21-2008, 06:37 AM

DELETED
Old 11-21-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
I believe Calesso is under the impression that any policy bought through a travel agent is actually underwritten by the agency and not a third party. I am not aware of any agencies that underwrite their own policies. Not even major ones nation wide. This can be verified when purchasing insurance simply by asking "Is this a third party?"

It should be noted that travel agents in addition to cruise line insurance, offer third party insurance which they are only acting as a contracted agent. These are usually big names like Berley, Travel Insured, Travel Guard, Access America, to name a few. It is perfectly safe to purchase these through a travel agent.
Cruise Fanatic: Even though travel agencies and cruise lines use major insurance companies, as stated above, there are two issues to be aware of:

1. These insurance companies sell a variety of different levels of policies, from economic to high-end. The economic policies do NOT include pre-existing health conditions or bankruptcy of either the travel agency or the cruise line. Most of the travel agencies and cruise lines sell ONLY these low-end policies. In order to obtain a medium-level or high-end policy, you must buy the policy DIRECTLY from the insurance company.

2. Many travel agencies and cruise lines do not pay the insurance company until final payment for the cruise is received. Therefore, if the travel agency or cruise line goes bankrupt before the insurance company is paid, then you will be left without any insurance coverage.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:28 PM

NCL has set up a special 800 number for affected guests.

The number is 1-877-474-2960

Just wanted to pass this along.

Dwayne
Old 11-22-2008, 07:28 PM

Wow... I didn't expect NCL to be the first to pick up the fumble and run with it.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Wow... I didn't expect NCL to be the first to pick up the fumble and run with it.
Actually, there is probably more to the story for a need to have a special number. I won't go there though.

Dwayne
Old 11-23-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Cruise Fanatic: Even though travel agencies and cruise lines use major insurance companies, as stated above, there are two issues to be aware of:

1. These insurance companies sell a variety of different levels of policies, from economic to high-end. The economic policies do NOT include pre-existing health conditions or bankruptcy of either the travel agency or the cruise line. Most of the travel agencies and cruise lines sell ONLY these low-end policies. In order to obtain a medium-level or high-end policy, you must buy the policy DIRECTLY from the insurance company.

2. Many travel agencies and cruise lines do not pay the insurance company until final payment for the cruise is received. Therefore, if the travel agency or cruise line goes bankrupt before the insurance company is paid, then you will be left without any insurance coverage.

I don't know who your dealing with or have dealt with in the past, but this just isn't so in my experience. You can purchase high end insurance from travel agencies. Most travel agencies use the big name insurance companies like Travel Guard, Access America, Travel Insured, to name a few. Those companies offer several different policies from economic to Deluxe plans which cover pre-existing. These policies are paid for within 14 days of booking. Many of the cruise lines offer two types of insurance policies also. Princess, HAL, and NCL for example offer regular travel protection and Platinum policies that do cover pre-existing.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
If payment is due withing 14 days but they do not pay final payment is due, I do not think the Insurance company would accept the money. Due date is due date regardless of who collects the money.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:14 PM

Quote:
If payment is due withing 14 days but they do not pay final payment is due, I do not think the Insurance company would accept the money. Due date is due date regardless of who collects the money.
Gary, I think you may be confusing two different things. The cruise line final payment date would not be necessarily the same as what an outside insurance company (not the cruise line's insurance) would require for a policy to be in force.

I'm always learning though, and that is just my understanding of it.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
bankrupt, bankruptcy, business, center, companies, cruise, cruisevaluecenter, exists, find, jeff, jeffrei, kivet, lines, longer, wwwcruise