Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2004, 12:38 PM

I am looking at an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise for our first cruise . They said we'd be #98 on a waiting list for 8:30pm same seat/main dining every night (6:30pm we'd be 310 on lit) . They said there are many other dining rooms and that shouldn't be a problem. Are they telling us properly? We like to eat at 6pm local time will we have adequate choices? Will we be missing out by not having the commeradarie of reserved seating etc etc Thanks
Old 05-24-2004, 12:38 PM

I am looking at an Alaska Inside Passage Cruise for our first cruise . They said we'd be #98 on a waiting list for 8:30pm same seat/main dining every night (6:30pm we'd be 310 on lit) . They said there are many other dining rooms and that shouldn't be a problem. Are they telling us properly? We like to eat at 6pm local time will we have adequate choices? Will we be missing out by not having the commeradarie of reserved seating etc etc Thanks
Old 05-28-2004, 12:20 PM

Princess has personal choice dining as well as alternative dining. Some of the alternative dining rooms will have a charge to eat in, however Pizza, the buffet and Personal Choice dining room have no extra cost. Personal Choice dining rooms have the same menu as the traditional dining room and they are open from 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The buffet is open 24 hours a day. The Pizza Parlor will have set hours that will be listed in the Princess Patter.

You will have no problem finding food to eat at a time that is good for you. If you get Personal Choice dining you can make a reservation to eat at a specific time if you wish and at a specific table if you wish. This is on all Princess ships.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:51 PM

I had a wonderful tip by my Cruise Agent Jo Ann. She said as soon as you board go to the Main Dining Room and they will have a table setup to make changes to your dinning schedule. The changes they make are time and dinning table. This is one of the best tips I have every had. She had many wonderful ideas that we had never thought about and every one of them worked. Look at her website at:
www.Cruise-N-Style.com
She is the best for information, cruise prices, and selection of the perfect ship.
Old 06-06-2004, 06:53 AM

Traditional seating wait lists seem to work out by the time you arrive. The Personal Choice option is open too. Once on board the Maitre D eill be there to make changes, or reservations for Personal Choice. You can request a specific time each night. ou can also request a table size. Yes, the traditional seating does provide you the same table, with the same people. But, once you meet people you can request to dine together too.
Good Luck ......Bon Voyage

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cruise, guest, princess, review, reviews, sapphire, ship, tips