Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2006, 03:04 PM

Hi everybody,
I have never been on a cruise before and I need help in planning one. Which place would be good for beginners (Leaving from FL)? Which cruise will be suitable for couple (Age 24+)? Is it cheaper to book earlier or later? Is it cheap to book it with flight or separately? Thx!
Old 12-12-2006, 03:16 PM

Do you like beaches, snorkeling, tours? You will find them on almost every cruise. Is the quality of food important to you? Are you accustomed to great service? How do you normally spend vacation time? Relaxing, touring, great restaurants, history, activities? That will help define what cruise line you decide to book.

Browse as many as the discussions as you can. I am certain you will find the cruise line and destinations that will be best for you.

Planning your cruise is part of the experience so I would encourage you to be thorough and don't stress-out about it.

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Hello Ant, and welcome aboard;
these are all good questions but the answers are as varied as the cruisers on the this site. My advice to you would be to sit down with a reputable travel agent who specializes in cruises.
Then, after you narrow your focus a little, we can be VERY helpful with more specific questions.
Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
Hello Ant, and welcome aboard;
these are all good questions but the answers are as varied as the cruisers on the this site. My advice to you would be to sit down with a reputable travel agent who specializes in cruises.
Then, after you narrow your focus a little, we can be VERY helpful with more specific questions.
Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising.
I second that. By talking with an agent that specializes in cruises and discussing what you like and don't like as well as your travel preferences and budget they can recommend a cruise line and itinerary that fits you best.

Go to an agent instead of someplace like travelocity etc because 1)Most agents don't charge you for their services. 2) They can offer you pricing as good as the online mega travel sites... Oh and the online mega travel sites charge you a service fee to do business with them. 3)The online mega travel sites don't care what line you sail as long as you book with them... A reputable agent will work with you to find the best cruise for YOU, because if you enjoy the trip, you'll want to cruise again and you'll tell your friends...

You also can't go wrong talking directly with the lines, they'll offer you the same deals that a travel agent will... However, when talking to the line remember, the cruise line's rep's job is to get you on one of their ships and to get you to select their line over any other. On the other hand a travel agent will help you to choose from all of the options available from every cruise line.

I also recommend against just going to any agent. Make sure that you go to an agent who specializes in cruises. The cruise industry is quite broad, and the selections are vast. An agent who specializes in cruises knows more about cruising than anything else.

A good place to start is with a Cruise Planners agent... Conveniently, Cruise Planners is a sponsor of these forums... (check out the banner at the top of the page )
Old 12-12-2006, 05:52 PM

I got of great info from Froders Caribbean Cruise book. They break all ships down very nice, then go to a travel agent with a little info. Every cruise sounds great, if you go straight to an agent you may book something to soon, the agent also wants you to book right there while you are in the mood for travel. They know best but be prepared to ask the right questions.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:57 AM

hi frist i have been on 20 cruise ship
the frist thing is wear do you live if you live
in fl or neer great fl is the best.
plase donut do what i did fly from ewr to fl
in one day leav at 5 in the morning gave your salf a day a head if you live in newyork or neer ny i find it batter,
good luck
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bill wise:
hi frist i have been on 20 cruise ship
the frist thing is wear do you live if you live
in fl or neer great fl is the best.
plase donut do what i did fly from ewr to fl
in one day leav at 5 in the morning gave your salf a day a head if you live in newyork or neer ny i find it batter,
good luck
Bill,

I realize this is an old post but please take this in the best way possible. Your spelling is really bad. No reflection on your intelligence, this is merely a suggestion and you can take it or leave it but my guess is that you want to be understood when you post so you could use your MS Word software to type in your comments and run spell check and simply cut and paste into the post!

I hope I haven't made a new enemy but then again I haven't seen you post anything since then!

Chef Ken

I don't claim to be the best of spellers but it is simply a suggestion.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:46 AM

Chef Ken, is spelling really as important as most people think? fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs?

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsitand lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Snony
Old 01-30-2007, 10:26 AM

Okay boys, now behave!
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 01-30-2007, 11:31 AM

Wow Sonny.. that's both freaky and cool. or should I have said..

Wow Snony.. tath's btoh feraky and cool...

Hmm following your rules, there are three words in that sentence that end up un-changed.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread