Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:35 PM

Is embarking and disembarking really hours and hours of fun? How do we avoid waiting in long lines if we are on a huge ship? Are these people just laggers? Or is it inevitable?
Old 08-10-2006, 03:49 PM

It depends on the port, it depends on the US Customs clearence of the cruise before yours and it depends on when you arrive at the ship.. There is really no guarantee on how to limit your line standing time.

I try to get to the port by 10:45. Out of 4 cruises I have gotten on early 3 times. they will tell you that they do not start boarding until 1PM, but my experience has been they start as soon as the previous cruise is cleared and the ship is ready to board.

Bring sun screen if you are in Miami as their line will quickly become bigger that the building will support and you may end up standing outside. We arrived at noon and stood outside for about an hour before we got inside. But I watched and NEVER saw the line get smaller. You best off getting there early but there are differing opinions here.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-10-2006, 03:54 PM

It's really not that bad. When disembarking they call your color. This way everyone isn't getting off the ship at the same time. Embarking depends on when you get to the port. We like to be there around noon, but, we have priorty boarding and we are first to board if we are there early enough. It seems boarding is a little faster later in the afternoon.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:57 AM

oops..thanks for covering the disembarking part of the question Sonnyv.. I failed to see that part. Unless you book an early flight, disembarking is not bad at all if you follow the rules. The only lines you will encounter there are if you tyr the "self assist" disembark. If you are carring all your luggage off the ship by yourself, you get off early and then you will find a line. But normally, you just get off when they call you tag color.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-13-2006, 08:28 PM

Hello,

After 15 cruises and the 16th is coming up soon, you learn that the annoyances of going on a cruise are far, far less than the overall enjoyment of a cruise. Yes, sometimes you have to wait to embark and disembark, and yes this can be a great waste of time. However, while waiting you can read, converse with other passengers, and take a last look around the ship.

And please remember that above all a cruise is a vacation and an adventure, where patience has great rewards.

Hope that your next cruise is the best ever.

Fred
Old 08-14-2006, 06:55 AM

Here Here Fred,

It is much smoother now, usually less than an hour. And debarkation is a breeze now, some ships even let you stay in cabin for the call.

You probably are reading stories from people that did not do their homework. They think they need to debark by 7AM, and then complain.

I have found that most complainer types complain about everything. And is usually their own Stupidity or Mindset.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:25 AM

Hello,

You are right, in that there are those who complain about everything and nothing is fast enough, warm enough, cold enough, clean enough and so on.

I hope to go on many more cruises (been on 15 and one coming up in late October, 2006. On several of our cruises i have had to listen to a complainer complain about something to a cruise staff person. And what the staff seems to really appreciate is that after enduring some nonsensical complaint from a passenger, I do my best to make the staff person laugh.

Hope that your next cruise is soon and that you have a wonderful time.

Fred

Fred

Closed Thread

Tags
alll, bad, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruises, forums, horror, line, reviews, royal, ship, ships, stories, story