Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Believe it or not, they do have stores in Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan, according to their website. I do remember the one in Juneau. Skagway has a permanent population of around 1000 people and they have a Diamonds International. Amazing.

According to their site, the company started 20 years ago with their first store in Charlotte Amalie and they now have 125 stores worldwide with a NYC headquarters. They may be larger than some of the cruise lines!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:15 AM

Well we will probably try to get the charms at our ports in Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan...we did not experience any "hard sell" attempts in the Carribbean, actually the shops were so full we just found our way to the desk to pick up the charms (different than the jewelry display cases) and picked up our charms and were on our way...none the less I do know how to say politely..."No thank you not interested". And, we know neither the bracelets or the charms are valuable and don't expect them to last forever...otherwise would not have given them to an 8 year old but the granddaughters enjoy getting them!! Thanks everyone for your responses, I just didn't know if we could get the charms for free without having the bracelets along but I'm sure gonna give it a try

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 AM

We did get the charms at the Alaska ports. We didn't have any problems picking them up. In fact, the clerks were very nice about actually putting them on our bracelets.

They are certainly not high quality items; and, in fact, I have never worn the bracelet. But it's still fun to get the different charms. My problem is remembering which one came from which port!!

Nadine
Old 05-11-2010, 01:50 PM

I don't think the charms are free anymore. If I remember correctly there is a charge for them now. It is very minimal, I think just a few bucks.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Skagway has a permanent population of around 1000 people and they have a Diamonds International.
I'll bet it's open from May through September.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Yes, I expect many of their shops are open for only parts of the year. Obviously it is akin to whiskey traders following the settlers as they headed west.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:50 PM
We always go and get the little trinket...The granddaughters love them....I think we have them all now.....Happy Sailing....

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
bu, carnival, charms, cruise, diamond, diamonds, free, international, kickback, line, norwegian, owned, owns, ports, talks