Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 10:43 AM

After reading the posts about the travels across the pacific ocean, I was wondering if anybody had any experience about the south pacific? In particular, is there any place that is usually rough? Thank you for your help. By the way, I can not wait to get back on a ship, I just have to wait til april 15.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:43 AM

After reading the posts about the travels across the pacific ocean, I was wondering if anybody had any experience about the south pacific? In particular, is there any place that is usually rough? Thank you for your help. By the way, I can not wait to get back on a ship, I just have to wait til april 15.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Mmmmmm. . . . . . .
the western caribbean and the South Pacific are two pretty diffenent areas; I think you should check a map and get back to us.
In general, no area is "usually" rough; but ANY area can become rough.
If you do in fact mean the Pacific Ocean, as pointed out in other threads, the area southwest of Los Angeles and the Tasman Sea (look it up) are most likely to have big seas.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:36 PM

Yes indeed. Australia and New Zealand can have some very rough seas. We left from Sydney in 1984 for the Pacific Islands. The first two days were very rough. We nearly had the dining room to ourselves. Mind you it didn't help one of the stabilizers being out of action,but then it cleared up and the rest of the trip was magic.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Hello again Ptur;
as I mentioned in another thread, I had a very smooth crossing from Dunedin to Hobart in 2002, but there was a guest lecturer onboard who had photos of a crossing earlier in the season that were quite intimidating; waves crashing over the bow and washing up over the open decks aft. I've seen vintage footage of navy vessels in seas like that, but never a cruise ship.
The sea can be a fickle lady.
Cheers Peter.

Closed Thread

Tags
april, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, cruise, cruises, islands, january, pacific, reviews, rough, seas, smooth, south, western