Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2007, 02:03 PM

Since the subject has a life of its own, maybe it should have its own category? That way everyone with their nifty ideas and information can share with like-minded folks and those who are opposed need not go there.

It will always come up as, "A new, never before asked question regarding bringing alcohol on board"

JMO - (just my observations)

Ken
Old 02-28-2007, 02:03 PM

Since the subject has a life of its own, maybe it should have its own category? That way everyone with their nifty ideas and information can share with like-minded folks and those who are opposed need not go there.

It will always come up as, "A new, never before asked question regarding bringing alcohol on board"

JMO - (just my observations)

Ken
Old 02-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Ah! A voice of reason, calling out in the wilderness!

I'm with you all the way on this one, Ken.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:54 PM

Thanks, my friend. We will see if it strikes a chord or strikes out!

Ken
Old 03-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Banned

Although I like the idea, Chef Ken, and please bear with me as a new visitor to this site, I have gained a little more information concerning alcohol and consumption on board.

Now, as a pragmatist, I would suggest that not unlike the radio, television, and other forms of entertainment, those of us tiring of the alcohol question have the control to
turn down the volume, change the channel, and not click on the thread. This is just an observation; besides, does Dave really want to move the 27 alcohol questions posted weekly to another location on the site? I've just about had my fill of alcohol questions, and unless I'm trying to glean a little bit 'o entertainment value, I most likely will not click on alcohol threads any longer; I've seen enough!

32 days until I hit the Eastern Caribbean!... and by the way, how many bottles of hooch can you take on a ship?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Administrator

As 'goin' crusin' notes, the thing is that people will still post the questions in whatever section they happen to be looking at when they post. So even if we had a seperate area for alcohol they'd still show up in Carnival, RCI, Princess, etc.

The ultimate decision would rest with Tom Ogg. I don't decide the categories, I just keep an eye on them.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:53 AM

I know. There is no neat way to sweep it under the rug. I don't feel strongly enough about it to petition and Dave is right, they will show up everywhere else.

I have to say my position has changed ever so slightly on wine, "if the cruise lines let you bring wine, I guess it's okay". Who can argue that.

For me personally, I don't want to lug extra weight in my suitcases.

Thank you gentlemen!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Administrator

A bottle of wine or two, I might consider. But I am basically lazy and even if the lines officially said "bring all the beer and liquor you can carry" I wouldn't do it because of the hassles with bottles, cans, weight, etc. It is for the same reason I stopped bringing home boxes of rum from the Virgin Islands. It was a PITA to lug it home.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:17 AM

I have to agree about the liquor issue.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned

I'm lazy too, but taking my own wine is a preemptive strike...I burn extra calories lugging the stuff before the cruise so I can load up on calories during the cruise...

anybody buy the reasoning?

Closed Thread