Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2003, 04:29 PM

Tom & Mary - thank you for contributing your cruise experiences and time to this forum. I have read through the entire site and your reviews many times. I find your input to provide a calming feeling or effect on the nerveousness of planning our very first cruise. []

We have just booked our first cruise. We are headed to the western caribbean on RC's Voyager of the Seas in April. We are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary (without the kids) and are a bit overwhelmed with all the information we are getting about cruises.

I have many questions, but what I want to hear most about is how do you find out what's going on during the cruise. Is there some kind of orientation for first timers?

We don't know what dinner seating to pick, what attire is required for dinner, what to pick from the port excursions, etc. How do you choose?

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Cruisetime,

First we would like to congratulate you on your 10th anniversary. You have picked a great ship for your celebration and are in for the experience of your life. The Voyager is one of the most beautiful and unique ship afloat, with an out standing crew.

<>

It is a very normal reaction to be somewhat apprehensive on your first cruise. Cruising is avery different than a land vacation and it can be a bit confusing.

<>

On all cruise ships they have a ships bulletin that keeps you informed of everything that is happening during your cruise. Its delivered to your cabin every night. If you are interested in excursion, the day before reaching a port, they will have a talk about the port and the things you can do.

<>

If your going to make a lot of shore excursions, we suggest you chose the late seating. In this way you will have time to take a showe and relax before dinner.

Mary & I wrote an article that should be a great help to you. Its entitled, "Things to do Before- During and after Your Cruise." The article can be found on our Home Page. http://www.tomandmaryscruisereviews.com/ThingsToDo.htm

We have another suggestion. You should familiarize yourself with the ports you will be making. In this way you can better decide what you would like to do. You can do this by going to Port Reviews on the CuiseReviews.com page. Tom Ogg gives a comprehensive report on each of the Caribbean ports.

Mary & I would like to leave you with a special thought to take with you on your anniversary cruise. We look at everyone of our cruises as another 'Honeymoon.' That is why we write in every one of our reviews, that we can't think of a more romantic, intimate, exciting way to spend quality time with the one you love, than when cruising and this is especially true of an anniversary cruise.
We know your going to have a wonderful, memorable cruise.

If we can be of any further help, drop us a line.
Warm regards,
Tom & Mary

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, routine