Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2006, 02:53 PM

I have never cruised. I like to do a lot of research before I travel, but I am confused. I am looking at Holland American or Norwegian, but am confused by the rating systems. At some sites HAL is rated average and in others it is rated excellant. Same for norwegian.
So how is one to determine? Where can I get the most reliable reviews of the lines and ships that would be unbiased.
Thanks
Monica
Old 01-29-2006, 04:46 PM

You should sit down and talk with a travel agent that is certified by CLIA (Cruise Line International Assoc.) as an Accredited cruise counselor or a Master Cruise counselor. They should ask you qualifying questions to determine which cruise line would best meet your needs.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:55 PM

Monica, I have to agree with Cruise Fanatic. For your first cruise, I would rely on a cruise professional that can match your expectations with the appropriate cruise line and specific ship. Even within cruise lines, there are different types of ships, each with their own personality and fit within the marketplace.

The differences in opinions regarding ships stems from the fact that one reviewer may have been perfectly matched to their ship, while the next one (on the same sailing even) may have been a perfect mis-match.

The passenger loads between Holland America and NCL are like night and day. It all depends on you and your expectations and a cruise professional will make sure you are properly placed.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, professional, ratings, reviews