Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2005, 06:50 PM

Hi,

I'm new to these boards and am finding them very helpful in planning our next cruise. I've already learned a lot of great tips.

My question is regarding group cruises. I was wondering if anyone has ever organized one? How does someone go about generating interest and recruiting other cruisers to the group. I have a few friends who may be interested, but am no where near the size of the groups that I have seen on other boards. I have tried posting on these other boards, but so far haven't really gotten much response. Is there a spot on cruisereviews for group cruise info?

I would appreciate any advice that you all have.

Thanks!
Jen
Old 10-25-2005, 03:37 AM

Hi Jen,

I have found that the most successful groups that I help are groups that already have something in common, which are called "affinity groups." For example, family reunion groups, church groups, and scrapbooking groups are more successful in recruiting cruisers because there is a shared interest that draws people in. It's harder to get people to become part of a group where the only thing you have in common is that you're all sailing on the same ship at the same time.

Personal contacts can work well, too. Talking to people you know about joining you on a cruise can work, because YOU are what they all have in common. I find the least successful group leaders are the ones who just set up a cruise date and hope that people will join them on that particular cruise.

As for reaching a particular group size, I'm not sure what size you have in mind. There is usually a "perk" for the group leader for every 8 cabins s/he can fill (based on minimum 2 per cabin) on any sailing.

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, generating, group, interest