Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 10:04 AM

While we were waiting in the Crown and Anchor room prior to boarding for our April cruise we got to talking with a couple from Great Britian. I could not help but notice that even though it was 86 in Miami he was wearing a Wrestle Mania leather jacket. He and his wife were touring the US and are hugh wrestling fans.To take it one step further, during our conversation he pointed to two metal folding chairs with all kinds of neat wrestling logos and such on them. He had been carrying these around for sometime but had decided on not sending them home by UPS or some other method because it was sooooooooo expensive. He was going on a Caribbean cruise and after that they were doing a transatlantic cruise home. That has been the weirdess purchase I have ever seen someone carrying around with them.
What have others seen?

Share your best ones...

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-02-2007, 10:04 AM

While we were waiting in the Crown and Anchor room prior to boarding for our April cruise we got to talking with a couple from Great Britian. I could not help but notice that even though it was 86 in Miami he was wearing a Wrestle Mania leather jacket. He and his wife were touring the US and are hugh wrestling fans.To take it one step further, during our conversation he pointed to two metal folding chairs with all kinds of neat wrestling logos and such on them. He had been carrying these around for sometime but had decided on not sending them home by UPS or some other method because it was sooooooooo expensive. He was going on a Caribbean cruise and after that they were doing a transatlantic cruise home. That has been the weirdess purchase I have ever seen someone carrying around with them.
What have others seen?

Share your best ones...

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-02-2007, 11:31 AM

I can't think of anything that tops that. I didn't know they had WWF in Britain.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned

Yup; it's called the Parliment.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Sounds like the jacket might have been too bulky to pack. Yet, transporting chairs is something I've never seen, and would never expect to. Thankfully, he was going home via ship than by plane.

I'll have to think for a while to come up with some of the strange items I've seen others (or us!) carry on a cruise.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned

While on the Explorer of the Seas last month, we met a woman, and spoke with her briefly, who currently lives on the ship.....with her 2 dogs. I did a doubletake when I saw the little yappers in the chair being photographed on formal night!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:43 PM

Well I guess that is out there. Where do the dogs do their um,... ah. Well I guess you might want to watch your step on the mini-golf.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:56 PM

I love animals, but I don't want them on a cruise ship. I don't care how cute they are! There should be regulations against that. Seems unsanitary to me.

My husband has a ton of allergies and we wouldn't be too happy being in a cabin after it was occupied by animals. Yuck.

OK, I've got my armor on and all you animal lovers can start throwing barbs at me!!!

Nadine
Old 05-02-2007, 05:59 PM

Sorry, I got on my high horse and got off the topic.

I think the metal chairs will be hard to top for souvenirs! That was comical.

Nadine
Old 05-02-2007, 06:11 PM

What if it was a seeing eye dog. I just read on another post of a cruise specifically for seeing eye dogs and their owners, but I'm sure they are on other cruises too

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, items, reviews, shag, strange, strangest, thing, things, thongs, weird