Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2006, 07:06 PM

Well, I have finally returned from over a month in South America. I will be posting 10 new port reviews shortly, as well as two new cruise reviews. On the second cruise, I had a ton of time to think about CruiseReviews.com and my friends here at Cruise-Chat.com. It occurred to me that I have been remiss in recognizing a person that has been instrumental in the success of Cruise-Chat.com and the rest of the sites that make up the CruiseReviews.com complex of cruise information.

Raoul Fiebig has been a friend of mine since almost the beginning of CruiseReviews.com. In fact, Raoul took CruiseReviews.com over when I was just about to shut it down out of frustration in its early years and Raoul managed the site for almost a year.. I was introduced to Raoul by Mr. Ken Stutt, who was the publisher of the Wheelhouse.com website where Raoul was a major contributor and also began writing his bi-monthly newsletter, Cruising and Beyond.

Raoul has given more support and information to avid cruisers than any other person that I can think of. He has consistently contributed to Cruise-Chat.com (even when I wasn’t) from its inception in both English and German (as he does several other discussion boards and forums). His website, Das Ruderhaus ( http://www.ruderhaus.de/ ) is the top German cruise website on the Internet and also offers a section in English for non-German speaking visitors.

Raoul’s newsletter “Cruising and Beyond” (Subscibe at http://cb.ruderhaus.de/) is without a doubt, the best cruise newsletter on the web. Raoul has faithfully published the newsletter for years without missing a single issue. The thing that is amazing, but never mentioned is that Raoul’s activities are done for the love of cruising and nothing more. Both Raoul’s newsletter and his website are non-commercial. Raoul derives absolutely no revenue for his efforts.

I am proud to call Raoul my friend and want to thank him publicly for his contributions to avid cruisers everywhere. If you feel as I do, why not drop Raoul an e-mail of thanks and friendship at raoul@ruderhaus.de. I am sure he would appreciate hearing from you.

Raoul, thanks for what you do.

Tom Ogg
Old 03-19-2006, 04:38 AM

Raoul,
I am so glad that Tom has chosen to recognize you publicly for all the work you do behind the scenes. I know at the beginning of my foray into the CruiseReviews.com community you were a wonderful support and a valuable resource. I wish to add my heartfelt and well-deserved "Thank You" to Tom's; and although we have never met in person, also consider you a friend.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Wonderful post, Tom.

Raoul, I am a longtime reader of "Cruising and Beyond," and agree with Tom that it is the best newsletter on the Web. You've kept me up to date with industry happenings for years, and continue to do so through the column and your postings on this board. Many thanks!
Old 03-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Let me add my voice to the chorus and thank Raoul for his numerous contributions to cruising and cruise talk over the years. Cruising and Beyond has always impressed me and I always look forward to the newest edition.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:46 AM

Many thanks, everybody.

I'm glad my contributions here and the time I invest in "Das Ruderhaus" and "C&B" are considered to be valuable. While my personal situation has changed to some extent recently, leaving fairly little time to spend on my web site in particular, I'm optimistic that soon, I will again be able to add new features to my web site.

Thanks again, folks!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 03-19-2006, 07:44 PM

While Raoul has eluded to it, he has received a major promotion in his work and now enjoys the fruits of his talented labors. Raoul, the best of everything to you. You deserve it.

Tom
Old 03-20-2006, 01:55 PM

Congratulations and Great Job!
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 03-20-2006, 03:52 PM

As a german member of our great community I also congratulate Raoul for his outstanding engagement in both chats.
Uwe
Old 03-20-2006, 04:25 PM

Hear, hear!
Old 03-20-2006, 05:29 PM

Raoul,

Thank YOU so very much for all you do.
Congratulations & Best Wishes on your promotion.

I do appreciate all you do for Cruise Reviews.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Closed Thread