Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   expired passport? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/11869-expired-passport.html)

nhu 03-19-2006 03:34 PM

I am aware that you will be required to bring a passport to Mexico. My question was, my passport (along w/my sisters) expired back in 2004. I searched this forum left and right but couldn't find an answer. Can someone tell me if I can still use my expired passport or do I have to renew it and if so how do I do that? I really want to use my passport because I can't find my original bc and would rather NOT bring along. Thanks in advance!

Heidi528 03-19-2006 03:42 PM

Is Mexico requiring passports now, or after the start of the new year?

In any event, an expired passport is not a valid form of identification.

Raoul Fiebig 03-20-2006 01:19 AM

nhu,

if you're taking a cruise to Mexico (or plan to fly there), you will be required to have a valid passport as of December 31st, 2006. If you don't have another accepted I.D. (including a birth certificate), you will need a passport, anyway.

Additional information, including how you can get a new passport, is available here.

Cruising Nole 03-20-2006 06:34 AM

nhu - I just received my cruise documents for an RCCL cruise next month and under the Travel Documents section, it states that "a passport (valid or expired) is highly recommended as it will speed-up your ship check-in formalities." I'd still get a new passport because you'll need it next year. And you know you'll want to do more cruising!

wildwon01 03-21-2006 03:07 PM

When are you lelaving? You can get emergency passports for an additional fee. Take your old passport with you. In Los Angeles, we go to the post office at the airport and you can get in less than 1 week. Last October I went to Mexico from Los Angeles and passport was required, but the true effective date is Jan 2007. Easier to get passport than copy of b/c from County recorder's office. Of course you might need b/c to get your passport! GOOD LUCK! and Have FUN!

Quote:

Originally posted by nhu:
I am aware that you will be required to bring a passport to Mexico. My question was, my passport (along w/my sisters) expired back in 2004. I searched this forum left and right but couldn't find an answer. Can someone tell me if I can still use my expired passport or do I have to renew it and if so how do I do that? I really want to use my passport because I can't find my original bc and would rather NOT bring along. Thanks in advance!

nhu 03-21-2006 08:20 PM

Thank you so much for all your replies! I am planning to renew my passport soon but I was afraid it wouldn't get there in time. We leave next friday and I can't wait to get outta here!