Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 07:09 PM

Is Port Everglades the same as Fort Lauderdale? It that the name of the port at Fort Lauderdale? It say the Oasis will be going out of Port Everglades. Please enlighten me. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-19-2008, 07:24 PM

Yes, Port Everglades is the name of the cruise port in Ft Lauderdale. Its only a few miles from the airport and adjacent to downtown. Since the Oasis is bigger than any hotel in Ft Lauderdale, perhaps they should just leave it tied up at the pier and save a lot fuel . The thought of 5500 passengers flocking into Nassau makes me about as nauseaus as any ship going into Nassau. The problem with a ship this size is going to be the ports. Call me an old fashioned cruiser, but we still prefer ships that feel like a ship, look like a ship, and where we can see the sea from most places on-board (luv the Radiance Class ships)

Hank
Old 06-19-2008, 07:49 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought it was, just wasn't sure. I still haven't been on the Radiance class yet. I've heard many people say that is there favorite RCCL class. Our next cruise will either be the Oasis, or on a Radiance class ship. I've been on every class in RCCL, except the Radiance class. I tend to like the big ships, I just think there cool. I tend to get a little restless on a ship. I am not one to sit and relax by the pool. I like to me moving, on the go, checking out everything, especially out on the decks. Fortunately, there are ship types for all of us. If you book the Oasis, you can be relaxing by the pool, as I zipline over you. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-20-2008, 06:45 AM

I do hope Port Everglades gets the problems with traffic flow, customs/immigration, and parking straightened out BEFORE they bring a ship that size in there. They're good at handling 3-5 ships of normal size, but they'll either need to bring her in by herself, or beef up the port and staff. If they don't, it'll take 2 days to board her and 4 days to debark. (Just kidding, but we were there when there were 8 ships in port. We didn't get off until 11:30am. The traffic was unbelievable, you did better walking. It took some people 4 hours to get through security to get on board.).

Closed Thread

Tags
evergaldes, everglades, flow, lauderdale, port, traffic, whereis