Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 12:49 PM

We are getting ready (my dh and myself) to leave for a Bahamas cruise. It's kind of cold here in Baltimore. this is our 5th cruise but it's our first winter vacation. I'm not sure what type of clothes to pack. I'm good with dressy clothes for dinner but not sure when I can put my capri's and shorts on. I'm truly a beach bum! Can anyone give me some advise?
Old 12-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Which cruise are you taking? Where are you leaving from? This time of year the Bahamas usually has day temperatures in the 75 to 80 degree range. At night it gets in to the 60s to lower 70s.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:26 PM

We are leaving from Baltimore on the Carnival Pride (2 days). I'm not too concerned about the weather in Bahamas and Port Carnival. I'm thinking about the first 3 Sea days. Can I get by with shorts/Capri's during the day or will I still need to wear my winter clothes? Not sure how much 'warm' clothing I'll need.

Thanks Dave!
Old 12-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat. I was initially going to say that I was the wrong person to ask as I am from the northeast, but I see from weather.com that temperatures in Baltimore aren't that far off from ours! Brr. It will probably be a safe bet that you'll need long pants for the first day and last day of the cruise...one pair can serve double duty. My suggestion for tops is to bring clothing that can be layered, which will cut down on packing. Just peel off the layers on the way to the Bahamas, and add them as you return.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:09 PM

Wendy, I cruised from New York to the Caribbean a couple of years ago. If you want to spend time outdoors during the first and last couple of days of your cruise, you'll need warm clothing. Of course, the further south you get, the warmer it will be. On the first and second days out of New York, I wore long pants, a long sleeved shirt and a jacket to sit on a chair on an open deck, and I was not really warm enough. Once doing some brisk walking around the deck, I warmed up. But if you're going to sit outside, do bring something warm to wear, possibly whatever you plan to wear to travel to the ship in Baltimore. You'll have it with you, anyway.

Of course, there will be a ton of things to do inside the ship, so you won't need to step outdoors if you don't want to!

Have a great time.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:30 PM

Hi Wendy, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

You'll love the Carnival Pride. As the others have said, you'll need something warm as you head down the coast. It gets chilly and really windy on the open decks. I usually take a long sleeve shirt and a wind breaker at least. Another thing after a few days in the Caribbean, you'll notice the chill more on the way back up. Have a wonderful cruise, and if you have a chance eat in the Steakhouse at least one night it is called David's.

Dwayne
Old 12-25-2009, 08:01 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice! I started packing a little today and I'm going to take everyones advice. I'll bring one extra pair of long pants. I'll bring a few long sleeve tees and a few sweaters and hoodies. That should hopefully help. this almost feels like my first cruise!

Dwayne - Yes, we heard the steakhouse was great so we have already made reservations! Many of our co-workers have recently cruised the Pride and all the reviews have been good.

I'll let everyone know about the cruise when we return. Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, baltimore, bring, caribbean, carribean, clothes, cold, cruise, cruising, leave, leaving, pack, packing, winter, york