Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2007, 08:24 AM

Im so ready for a cruise, now we have more snow piling up on the deck. We are under blizzard warnings. UGH. I havent seen this much snow in 1 snowfall since moving here 10 years ago. I WANNA GO TO THE BAHAMAS!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:24 AM

Im so ready for a cruise, now we have more snow piling up on the deck. We are under blizzard warnings. UGH. I havent seen this much snow in 1 snowfall since moving here 10 years ago. I WANNA GO TO THE BAHAMAS!
Old 02-25-2007, 05:18 PM

Greyson, couldn't agree more. Not sure where you're from, but us here in Pittsburgh are pretty tired of all this snow. Stupid groundhog. Didn't see his shadow, so supposed to be an early spring. We've had more snow in the past two weeks than we've had in two years! Someone should shoot that groundhog. We're not booked until October, but sure ready to go now!
Old 02-26-2007, 12:11 PM

I agree, the groundhog got it wrong. We've had a little snow in north Alabama, but we're finally getting above freezing. I'm sooooo ready to go to the Caribbean!!
Old 02-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Administrator

But spring is just around the corner. The guy from the lawnmower shop just picked up my John Deere rider and push mower for the annual maintenance. It won't be much longer before I have to start mowing again. Such is life in north Alabama. Mowing lawns in March. Getting pools ready in April.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:52 PM

We are in Southeast Minnesota and we got 22" of snow in 2 days. 20 miles east of here in Winona, Minnesota they got 29.5". They are saying now we have another storm moving in on Wednesday which could dump more snow. I agree, shoot that stupid groundhog. I wonder if they are edible. Dave, it will be a long time before I even see my grass. Green, whats that? All we know is white these days.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:24 PM

Greyson, My friends in South Florida love to rub it in when they say "with the windchill, it's about 85 above"! It rained here today on top of that snow. Only 9 inches of snow here.

Where Dave lives, if they get an inch they close schools and people stay home. Last night we got in my 4 X 4 truck and went to dinner. Just another evening! We will see what the next few days bring!! However, I would rather mow that shovel.

Ken
Old 02-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Banned

What kills me are the idiot forecasters in California; not only in SoCal but NoCal as well. If we expect a tenth of an inch of rain, the local news folks have nightly "Storm Watch" running for the first 10 minutes of the news. Of course, most of the drivers in CA also bust a colon over a little bit of rain! Everybody in CA: Get a Grip! You could be in Pittsburgh, Winona, Buffalo, or some other weather paradise!
Old 02-27-2007, 10:15 AM

goin' cruisin',

Thanks for posting your home town. It is nice to know where people are from.

Here in MN you think people would know how to drive in snow but it is like they are back to getting their learner's permit every time we get a couple inches. Upstate New York really got hit hard this year.

Ken
Old 02-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Banned

My hometown is about halfway between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. My favorite color is blue, I like wine, cigars, ice hockey, and wine (yes, I know I repeated wine-I really like wine). I'm a 4th generation Californian and can hardly wait to move out. I guess having an acting governor is not unlike a WWF governor, eh Chef Ken?

Closed Thread

Tags
alabama, carnival, cruise, nice