Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 11:48 AM

In May, I purchased 4 round trip, non-stop tickets from JFK to Barcelona for a Nov. cruise. The return flight on Nov 25 was scheduled for 10AM. My ship is scheduled to dock at 5AM. I knew that was cutting it very close (i posted here about it and got varying opinions.) However, now I just checked online (that's how I booked the tickets also - online) and they've changed the return flight time to 9:35AM. I don't know when they made the change, but as of right now, they have not notified me of it. I haven't called Delta yet because I wanted to first get some informed opinions in this forum, which I know has some very knowledgeable people. The next available Delta flight that day is at about 1PM. However, it is not non-stop, and more importantly the fares would increase my total outlay by about $1800.00. I had gotten what I considered a great price: about $2800.00 for the four tickets. Before I call Delta I'd like to know what my "rights" are, if any. I would think that they would waive any change fee because it would be due to their schedule change. But beyond that, is there any chance of my getting the same fare for the later flight? I'm assuming not, but any and all opinions on this would greatly appreciated. My stomach was already churning about making the 10AM flight...9:35AM is going to give me an ulcer. What makes things even more complicated is that its quite important that we get back on Nov 25, so any possibilities of staying overnight in Barcelona IF it could get us comparable fares, is problematic. Finally, does anyone think there's much chance of us making the 9:35AM flight, give that we would of course self-disembark and handle our own luggage getting off the ship. Sorry this is such a long-winded post. Thank you.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the club. Delta did this to me a couple months ago - except in my case a connecting flight they changed me to was set to leave before my first flight landed. Yours is a different case.

I'd call them and tell them the new flight time is too early for you to make because of the ship arrival, and you need to be moved to the 1pm flight, and you shouldn't have to pay the difference since you were adversely affected by their schedule change. Don't delay in doing this waiting for opinions here. Be pleasant with the agent but clear with them too that the new flight time is not doable.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:34 PM

I also have had this happen with Delta. I just call them and tell them that the flight time they changed me to was not doable. Since it was their change I was able to make a switch in flight times at no charge to me. Like Dave said be pleasant but firm.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Administrator

I've also been in a similar situation. Follow the advice above, and it should work out. The sooner you call, the better. And, please let us know what happens.

Closed Thread

Tags
changing, cruise, delta, flight, switching, time, times