Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2007, 11:16 AM

Has anyone used www.cheapair.com before? I was just wondering, they seem to have good deals but am not sure if it is a legitimate website or not. Thanks for any input anyone can give.
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 08-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Administrator

As is the case with most of the airfare websites out there, they usually don't save you anything and can cost more when they tack their fee on, such as the $9.95 per passenger fee that cheapair charges. I just did a comparison for flights from my nearest airport (HSV) to Charleston, SC (CHS) using Delta's website and the cheapair website. The prices were identical until you add in the cheapair fee which meant their ticket was $10 higher per person.

I personally stick with the airline's own websites since the pricing - at least for me - is at best no different and sometimes even cheaper by dealing directly with the airline.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Hello avenger ...I have not heard of cheaperair.com but thats hardly suprising as I am from the UK but as it is a slow sunday afternoon I thought I'd look them up under reviews......here's what I found.
using www.bizrate.com reviews this is what they said....sorry but as only a basic computer user I don't know how to provide a link
for product meets expectations & ontime delivery ...they were outstanding.For customer support & product meets expectations.....they were good.Past week they got 87% positive & 13% neutral....past month 98% positive , 2% neutral...past 3 months...only 2% negative....this is from 5000 customers.
Looks good doesn't it ?
Then I looked at online-travel-sites reviews where they didn't seem to do quite as well....they stand in 8th place behind expedia,travelocity,orbitz,priceline,airgorilla (I've never heard of this one either)....but above Kayak, Hotwire etc..
and you know what...the advice by Dave Beers seems pretty good to me ....so now I'll just continue catching ants as they come through the patio doors.....683 today so far ..regards jack
Old 08-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Tx DAVE! I usually do the same thing you do but the flight WAS about $75 cheaper with their charges and all. But the price went back up. Oh well, we'll keep shopping. Tx Jack for looking that up, that's a good website to know about, I was wondering if there was somewhere I could go to see if a website was reputable or not, that's good to know.
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 08-14-2007, 04:50 PM

Try this site: www.farecast.com
It find the best rates and sends you right to the airlines site. I heard about it on the news a couple of montns ago. Tried it and liked it.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
air, aircom, airfare, airline, cheap, cheapair, cheapaircom, cheaperaircom, forums, legit, legitimate, review, reviews, site, website