Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 06:03 AM

I am new here on the boards, but I just wanted to let everyone know that yesterday all charges were dropped against the Lacrosse players from Duke and now maybe the employees (like me) can resume a normal life as a Duke employee. Thankfully it was raining yesterday or things may have gotten nasty when it was announced. I grew up here in Durham but live in Orange Co. I still care about the community and hated to see it split the way it was and hope the city can start to heal and get past what was done. Thanks for listening and I have learned a lot just by reading the various posts.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:11 AM

And in 46 days, you'll be on a relaxing cruise to the Bahamas. So glad the mess is over. Best wishes!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Banned

If I'm not mistaken, your law school is getting a new dean later this year. If I'm right about the university where David Levi will be dean, Duke is getting a great dean. I have had the pleasure of working with and for Judge Levi for about 17 years and think very highly of him. He was the best US District Court Judge in the federal courts here in Sacramento. He treated his staff, the US Marshals, US Probation officers, and defendants with great respect.

As a US Attorney in the mid to late 80s, he spearheaded an investigation into political corruption in the California legislature and back then, rid the state of a mess of corrupt law makers. Wish he could make a sequel to that story.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:31 AM

This is a Cruise Forum. It is not a news flash posting board. And certainly not a place to post this type of topic.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Banned

Oh Island, don't get your knickers in a wad; I know this is a cruise forum, but this forum is also a good place for a little venting. Besides, Penny adeptly redirected the information, and I vented a little, too. It's pretty sad if you can't go outside the box once in a while. Oh yeah, are there any cruise ports near Durham?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 AM

Thanks Goin'Cruisin'...my thoughts exactly! Maybe we can get a "General Chat" forum for those of us that have made some nice friends here and would like the occassional venting session. Isn't that the way we really get to know the others here? It's not ALWAYS about the cruise!!!! I think I still have a life left out in the real world that I would love to talk about too.

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Banned

And Island, not meaning to stir up the caca, but the following has what to do with cruising?

"IslandCruz
Cruise Guru
Posted April 11, 2007 01:06 AM Hide Post
All I know is my insurance is prolly going up!

This guy in a truck with 2 dogs in the bed and a shotgun in the window backed into my car at the mall!

He says sorry dude and drives off!
Posts: 1278 | Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: August 22, 2005

Sorry, bud, had to bust your chops on this one!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Banned

Oops...just read your reply on the "Where are my posts going thread." I'm busted for writing something without having all the facts. I humbly apologize (although, I did kind of giggle after I wrote the above post...sometimes I just tickle myself).

To reiterate, though, lighten up!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Administrator

This thread is really not something we need in a cruise forum. I am going to close it.

Closed Thread

Tags
carolina, cruise, durham, ncs, north, ports, reviews