Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Banned

It appears, Cruiselover 94, that you won't be satisfied until somebody disrespects or gives Carnival a bad review. Why not take a little time to research the many reviews here on this site, and those on other cruise review sites, instead of sitting back and chipping at Carnival? In doing so, you'll have much more tangible information to base your decision on. There are way too many "I heards" and "somebody said" and "somebody told me's" in your post.

I can't imagine you not enjoying a cruise on Carnival.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Administrator

All ships require maintenance. From my personal observations, Carnival and RCI do excellent maintenance on their ships - no differences from what my trained eyes can see.

The cost of a ship? Oh come on. You are making an apples and oranges comparison. The Freedom class ships are in the 800 million dollar range, and the Genesis class first build will be 1.2 billion - but look at the size compared to other ships.

You say you want the truth about Carnival, but it seems apparent to me that you have already dismissed them and are just looking for validation. So save yourself the trouble and forget Carnival. Your friends are right and a more expensive ship must be better. That's what you wanted to hear isn't it?
Old 05-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Banned

You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!(Oops, sorry the Jack Nicholson in me just came out).
Old 05-30-2007, 02:28 PM

~ I hear universal laughter ringing out among the stars.
Good one GC Seriously, I agree with the points Dave is making. I have only been on CCL so have nothing to compare it to. But have never had a bad experience with them. They must be doing something right, I am booked on my 14th cruise with them.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Administrator

If I had listened to all the prattle about Carnival that I was deluged with years ago, I never would have gone on a cruise with Carnival. But I ignored it and booked my first Carnival cruise. I loved it. As I've said recently, and more than once, of our last eight cruises six of them have been with Carnival. If that isn't a statement, then I don't know what a statement is.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned

Same goes for me. We've cruised seven times on Carnival. Never once had a bad experience. Some people think they are going to get something more elite or exclusive if they pay top dollar.

My husband and I aren't drunks, party animals, late nighters, etc. We have always had a fantastic time with great food and entertainment and have come home completely satisfied with Carnival.

If you are looking for a "dis" on Carnival, you're in the wrong place.

A'ndrea
Old 05-30-2007, 03:39 PM

Gosh, I hate when this topic comes up! Carnival started in 1972. They have grown and changed over the years. Haven't you? Is there anyone out there that can say they are exactly as they were in 1972? I am a certified Master Cruise Counselor. I have sailed on just about all the major cruise lines. Let me tell you, Carnival's food and entertainment are right up there. Carnival has a 98% Guest satisfaction rate and has the highest percent of repeat passengers than any cruise line. They are the only cruise line to ever offer a "money back guarantee" if you weren't satisfied with your cruise. When did they last come out with a new ship? February 28, 2007 they took delivery of the new 110,000 ton Carnival Freedom. When did they last do maintenance on any of their 22? All ships with all cruise lines are scheduled for routine maintenance and refurbishments. Carnival is spending 250 million updating the Fantasy class ships alone. The Inspiration and Imagination will be done this year. I could go on and on giving you positive information about Carnival Cruise Lines and explaining to you how all the pricing, supply and demand and availability works. But, as Dave says though I think your mind was already made up.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:59 PM

I have heard that before - lots of people like to say that Carnival is not a great cruise, but I totally disagree with them. Now, I will say that I like to cruise on their larger ships. They are my favorite.
I don't know that I would completely swear off any cruise line just by hearsay. Size of ship and amenities vary. So do people's likes and dislikes. I will say that there is no way that Carnival is as bad as your perception seems to be. JMHO

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 05-30-2007, 06:53 PM
I have only cruised with Carnival so I can't compair it to anything else.

I can't say that I have had a bad time on any of my cruises. If I had had any reason to complain or not enjoyed myself I would certainly have tried another line.

I am hardly one that will not complain If I feel I am not getting what I think I should. Ask some of my co-workers.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 05-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Uh, no... I don't work for Carnival.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------