Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 06:55 AM

I haven't been a member here for long, but I'm the single mom of 4 who takes her kids all over the country.... (AND I've posted a TON of messages here lol.) I just wanted to share something with you guys and ask for your prayers if you're the praying type. On Monday of this week my 12 year old son & I were standing in line in a store waiting our turn when he went unconscious and started seizing. He was taken to the ER but of course they couldn't give us any answers. Since then he's been to his primary care Dr, a neurologist, for CAT scans, blood work, MRI and tomorrow he has an EEG. The neuro said it's very uncommon for something major to cause seizures in kids, like tumors, anyurisms, etc., but of course they all need to be ruled out. So we're just waiting and praying like we've never prayed before. The amazing thing is that he was with me when it happened. He should have been in school but missed the bus that morning & didn't wake me up to take him to school like he would normally do. (I work at night and go to bed before he goes to school at 9am) When I went to run errands he went with me & he's usually the one who prefers to stay home. My 2 other kids who were at the house didn't even bat an eye when we went, my 8 year old usually doesn't leave my side but she was home sick & stayed home with my 15 year old. He should have been in school nearing the end of the day when this happened, or at home alone like he would normally be, and he wasn't. AND his little sister wasn't there to witness it. I can't get the images of the whole thing out of my head and I feel like I've aged 5 years in less than 3 days. Please just pray that it's "simple" epilepsy & not something drastic that will require any scary surgery. Thank you if you read this much!
Elation, CCL 9-24-06
Carnival Victory, CCL 1-28-07
Sovereign of the Seas, Royal Caribbean, 9-24-07
Old 04-05-2007, 07:07 AM

I will keep you and your family in my prayers! Please keep us posted.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:16 AM

Please keep the faith and know that many are praying also. Please keep us updated.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 04-05-2007, 07:56 AM
I am a praying woman and i do believe if you just keep the faith God will do what his will is for your son but in the meantime i will lift him up in prayer.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-05-2007, 08:32 AM

I'm so sorry to hear of your trouble, but so very glad that God had you with your son when this happened. My prayers are with you and please know your cruise-chat group is here for you. Best wishes for a clean bill of health.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Being a believer, like it sounds you are, you can see the Masters hand in all the events of where everyone was. You have made friends here in the chat room and friends is who you reach out to in time of need. I have put your son on a posty note here on my desk and will lift him up in prayer today. Keep us informed of how he is. I know spiritfilled carrying a name like that is a prayer warrior too along with phensgrl and tncruiseman taking the time to read and post. Being a single mom of 4 shows me the Lord has given you a lot of strength along the way. In the line of work I do I have to ask if he took something that might have had a reaction to. You can always private message us to go deeper and keep the forum for cruise talk. We are here for you.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 04-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Banned

Dear rescue, My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your son. I have a 13 yr. old daughter and I cannot even imagine the torment you're feeling. Not knowing what is wrong with him is the worst. Being that today is Holy Thursday and tomorrow is Good Friday, I will say prayers for your son at Mass. Godspeed for your son's health.
A'ndrea
Old 04-05-2007, 09:18 AM

Rescue911chick- I will keep your son and your family in my constant thoughts and prayers. Continue to keep the faith and God will work miracles. In His Grip - Michele

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 04-05-2007, 11:03 AM

my wife and i will keep you and your son in our prayers, just keep your faith, and let god do the rest.

jerome and sharon
Old 04-05-2007, 01:28 PM

rescue911chick,

while I am not "the praying type", my thoughts are with you and your family and I will keep my fingers crossed that everything turns out not as bad as it sounds.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread