Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 05:06 AM

My girl friends and I have booked a cruise thru travelociy.com to the Bahamas on 3/31/2008.

This is our first time out at sea and had many questions, which we found answers on this site.

The only question I have is about airline tickets. We opted out of buying them in our package, because it is so expensive.

We will be flying into Miami and the best rate we've found is 247.00 pp. I know this is probably due to the cost of fuel, but should we wait till close to our departure time before purchasing, or if we purchase now and the price goes down Will we be given a credit?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Hi CountryGal, and welcome to cruise-chat.com.

I purchase airline tickets fairly frequently for both business and vacation travel. My advice is to buy them early. You'll be cruising during peak season, and the planes will fill quickly. Buying them early also enables you to choose seats that are together.

My guess is that these prices will not come down, but keep checking regardless. I believe that most airlines will give a credit.

I also suggest that you sign up for email notification of flight changes, and also check your reservation online from time to time. Airlines do change their schedules, and you'll need to call them if a change won't work for you (such as a flight too early in the day on the day you leave the cruise).
Old 05-20-2007, 11:09 AM

countrygal,

your fare you are talking about sound really good! book now! you will love majesty of the seas. was on her in march 06 before refurbishment.

later,

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-20-2007, 01:19 PM

Here's a great site to check out airline fares:
www.farecast.com

I saw this on our local news station about two months ago. It's a new site and very easy to navigate.

Sonny
Old 05-20-2007, 03:44 PM

Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
wwwcruiseticketscomchat