Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 10:23 AM

Let me first say that we live in Florida & have been to the Caribbean so many times that it's getting boring. At times we debate staying on board ship at some ports. If the cost isn't a concern I'd opt for the Mediterranean cruise over Caribbean cruise any day. It's not that the Caribbean isn't interesting but I feel that there are much more exciting things in the Mediterranean to be seen.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:43 AM
The Caribbean is a much more relaxing cruise; great for sun and water fun. The Mediterranean is much more interesting, but also exhausting, at least for us because we always try to see and do as much as possible considering the expense and effort involved in getting there. Flying is not fun anymore.

They are both great, but for different reasons.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Is there much of historic things to be seen on carribean too?
Puerto Rico has the most historic interest. The other islands try to make big deals out of things that are really not too interesting. Who cares about the Governor's house in Grand Cayman? The Queen's Steps in Nassau? They are just some steps with mold and vines growing on them. Most of the islands put a lot of tourist hype on things that are really boring.

On the other hand, a cruise that stops in Mexico will give you the opportunity to see the Mayan ruins, which are well worth it.

For my money, the Mediterranean is much more interesting. We have cruised the Caribbean A LOT and now do it just to relax and chill out.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:00 AM

Lucky! ... For me costs looks same, and flight is required here and here (going by bus to Livorno or Venice is not comfortable) I live in central Poland.

My biggest dream is to see America!! Especially south florida!! But rest of family, wants Mediterrean more .. no arguments for them..
Thanks for advices, I will be happy to see more opinions, ideas.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
My biggest dream is to see America!! Especially south florida!!
Some would say those are contradictory statements.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:27 AM
So Petrij, the answer is for you to book a transatlantic from South Florida to the Mediterranean. Spend a few days in Florida before the cruise, and everybody will be happy.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:43 AM

rotfl

Funny... Maby one day... who knows... not for my pocket right now as you may know
Hmm mediterrean seems to be more intresting I see now
Old 05-05-2008, 12:00 PM

Petrij, Don't write off the transAtlantic idea too quickly. The cost may be far lower than you're assuming. I just did a little search and there are 14 day sailing from FL to Rome in April of next year that they're nearly giving away. Due to forum rules, I can't put pricing or other specific information on the post but you might just be amazed at what you get for your $$$ on some transAtlantic sailings. Lower cost than most 7 day caribbean cruises. That wouldn't help you for this summer but perhaps for your next cruise.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Sonny's recent trans-Atlantic cruise price was really low as I recall. It was almost like getting a week free as compared to the typical 7-day.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:29 PM

I checked, you are guys right. That's strange! Maby one day I will check it closer, but sure not this holidays..

BTW Dave! about that florida and america - you mean those digging holes in gardens, to dig a river and get florida out of the union? Ha ha ha lol Nah joking, I think you meant cultural differences ya?

Closed Thread